Thread: What is "Gorilla Glass Display" are Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 and 7 having it?

What is "Gorilla Glass Display" are Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 and 7 having it?

What is this gorilla glass and what is the advantage of having it and are are Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 having it?. I m not pretty sure that they have it or not because i have heard people saying they have it and some saying they don't have it so whats the true answer.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: What is "Gorilla Glass Display" are Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 and 7 having it?

Gorilla glass is a clear and tough glass which does not get scratches easily and it is used as a display in some phones but i am not sure which ones as i don't think you get to know it in the manual or not and no one would like to do a demo on it.I have seen a no of testing done on the gorilla glass like trying to scratch it by knife,keys and many more day to day materials used by us.Even you can check those videos on you tube they say if you have a gorilla glass in your phone than you don't need a scratch guard in order to protect the screen.

Re: What is "Gorilla Glass Display" are Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 and 7 having it?

Yes you really don't need a scratch guard if you have gorilla glass as your display and i am saying this because i am using galaxy tab 7 and i am very sure it is having a gorilla glass but i am not that sure about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 as i have personally not used it.I have been using my phone without the scratch guard since the day i bought it and trust me that my phone does not have any scratches yet though i use it the way i use to use the phones without the touchscreen feature.I hardly have to care about the display no matter i keep it in my pocket or bag having tough materials that can scratch it.

Galaxy tab 10.1 is having a gorilla glass display and i am saying it after watching a video the same where it was being tested by different hard and pointed materials like knife,keys and pens and after scribbling the display with this materials hard for some times it was still the same at the end without any scratches on it.If you want to confirm it then you can check out the same video on YouTube but its really up to you whether you still believe it or not because some people don't believe it until they try their selves.

Yes i have also seen the video but i have not yet seen any kind of testing video for galaxy tab 8.9 so i am not sure about it whether it have the gorilla glass or not.I have came across a testing video of 8.9 but the version was appearing to be cancelled so i don think it has a gorilla glass but i am sure that galaxy tab 7 and 10.1 are having it.

I think all the 3 version of galaxy tab will be having gorilla glass display and i am saying this if they are capable of giving it to galaxy tab 7 and 10.1 then why wont they give it to 8.9 i really don't think that 8.9 wont be having a gorilla glass display as galaxy has now become a new tech brand in the market and they will not compromise just for a gorilla glass feature or some other good features for the coming version of their model as well.