Thread: Need help to connect Apple Macbook Pro to Sony Bravia HDMI and Aux sound

Need help to connect Apple Macbook Pro to Sony Bravia HDMI and Aux sound

I am having the new Sony Bravia TV at my home. And here I wat to know the steps that ho can I connect my TV to the my Apple Macbook Pro. For that reason I have also read so many steps for connecting the LCD TVs with the Apple Macbook Pro but here I found that my issue is too odd and for that I cant find the answer anywhere. Here I want to tell you that my Sony Bravia is having 4 HDMI ports. For that reson I have also connected to using the DVI HDMI setup and this was working so fine in my case. But when I plug the headphone jack in to the TV at there I found that there is no sound. And sound plays when I try to plug the HDMI, abd when I plug the HDMI back at that time the video is playing but the sound doesn’t works in that case. Please suggest me some stpes to connect properly with the TV to watch the video and listen the sound also.

Re: Need help to connect Apple Macbook Pro to Sony Bravia HDMI and Aux sound

Here in this case I will suggest you the following steps in it:
    • Here you will need to disconnect your all connection and then reconnect the adapter and cable with the different HDMI port on the on the Sony Bravia TV.
    • Some of the TVs have the option in the menus for setting audio portion of each HDMI port that allows it to be changed between digital and analog. I don’t know about the Sony Bravia so try to check on the menu that it is having such type of the setting or not?
    • And still if it not works then try the same via connecting with the other TV.
    • if problem appears again then I will suggest you to go to the Apple store with the adapter and cable to check that they are working properly or not?
    • Or else I will suggest you to replace that cable and adapter also if they are faulty. And then try again with the new adapter and cable. Try to take the cables and adapter which are verified to work.

I followed with the suggestion and replaced the adapter and the cables also. I bought the new adapter and cable and tried it again with my Sony Bravia TV. After connecting I can see that picture is there but when I am trying to play any movies or video using the VLC player there is no audio comes from the TV speakers. And for resolving this I also checked the system setting for the sound and thee I found that there is no any other devices listed in the Output section except my built-in speakers. Wwhat can I do now?

Try to reconnect your Sony Bravia with the Apple iMac and then connect it again using the following steps:
    • Before connecting make sure that you are having Mini-DVI to DVI Adapter, a HDMI-DVI cable, an 1/8″ to RCA cable, a HDTV with HDMI and RCA inputs.
    • After this find out that which type of the output is there in your Apple iMac. Like it is a Mini Display Port or a mini-DVI output. The differences between these two pins are that Mini Display Port is smaller than the other one.
    • Before you proceed with the process of connecting first turn off your Apple iMac.
    • After that try to connect the Mini-DVI to a DVI Adapter, using the HDMI to DVI. And then you will need to connect your HDTV, using HDMI cable. Because HDTV has two inputs and here while connecting make sure that which one is the audio input. And after the connection finished you can start you TV and your Apple iMac. Try to play any video and here I am sure that there will be good video outputs and sound outputs also.

Hey I am also trying for the same solution because my previous TV was working fine with my Apple iMac with using the VGA cable. But now I am having the problem while trying to get connect with the new Sony Bravia 32EX500. Can anyone help me to suggest that what resolution, frequency, and colors I should use to make it working again?

In this case I will recommend you to try to connect your Sony Bravia 32EX500 using the DVI cables only. Connect with that and see what changes you are getting and report me back if still there is no sound.

One more problem related to the connecting the Sony Bravia TV with the Apple iMac. And the problem is that I cannot set the resolution to the 1920x1080 for the perfect view. For that I have also check the list for the screen and there I can’t see any 1920x1080 resolution. So please suggest me any way to force the Apple iMac to send the 1920x1080 resolution to my TV. And also still I am having the sound problem and trying with the different cables and adapter in the hope that they will help me.

while connecting the your Sony Bravia to the Apple iMac make sure that you have done the proper setting. I am sure that there are some problem with your TV setting in the PC. I have connected my TV easily with my Apple iMac and it is working so good, I don’t think that why it is not working in your case. And try to check the TV setting on the PC. My TV is having the PC setting and I am sure that there will also be setting in your TV. And then check that setting. Hope that after changing the setting your TV will start working properly.

Great suggestion for me, It really works for me. After trying with the suggestion over here I do the setting and finally I get it working fine. For making it back to the work I replaced the cable and connecting cords. And after trying with the new cords and cable I get it back working.