Thread: Apple iMac is having Mini DVI or Mini DisplayPort?

Apple iMac is having Mini DVI or Mini DisplayPort?

Hi friends, I am having the new Apple iMac . and I am very happy with this desktop. But here I am having some confusion related to this one. I came here to know that Apple iMac is having Mini DVI or Mini DisplayPort? For that reason I have also searched on the internet and over there I found that some of the people is saying that Apple iMac is having Mini DVI and some of the users are saying that Apple iMac is having the Mini DisplayPort, for that reason I have confused over there. So I came to here to know that which is the correct answer. Please suggest me in this case. And let me tell you that I am having Apple iMac 2.66 GHz Rev. 8,1 since 2008.

Re: Apple iMac is having Mini DVI or Mini DisplayPort?

in this case I will suggest you that check the graphics first, because if you are having the nVidia integrated graphics then in this case you will have mini Display Port. And if your graphics is Intel integrated then in that case you will have the Mini DVI. Check for that and I am sure that it will help you. And also if you don’t know the way to check that then click on the Apple in the top left corner and after that select About This Mac and then click on More Info. And over there you can see the Graphics/Displays under the Hardware

Ok, but here I would like to say that I am not having OSX installed in my system, I am using Windows 7 RC Build 7100 in my Apple iMac. And here I can say that in the Apple iMac Rev. 8,1 there isn't Intel nor Nvidia based graphic. I checked for that and after that I found that it is the AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT. Now what will you say in this case.

Here for this you will need to check for the owner's manual and I am sure that it will have the picture describing all the ports on the machine. So try to get that and read that. And if you are again getting the confusion in this case then you can also compare the both the picture of the Mini DVI and Mini DisplayPort. Try with that and I am sure that this will help you a lot in your case.

Hey it works, I tried with the owner's manual and after comparing the images I found there that that is Mini DVI port in my Apple iMac. Thanks for the support.

Here I am also having the Mini DVI ports in my Apple iMac. I came here to know that is there is any way to connect the 2 identical iMac 2008 using the Mini DVI ports? For working together as the dual display. I had think this thing when I wasknowing that my Apple iMac is haing the mini display port but after reading with the suggestion over here I came to know that my iMac is having mini DVI ports. So can you help me that how can I connect two Apple iMac using this MINI DVI ports?

For connecting the 2 identical iMac 2008 using the Mini DVI port I have searched for the suggestion about it. But after searching I came to know that there is the users manuals for that. For this reason I would like to say you to try to download the users manuals from the official web site. Try to download that and hope that it will hope in your case.