Thread: Why is Gingerbread update not showing up in Kies?

Why is Gingerbread update not showing up in Kies?

Recently I have got a Samsung galaxy tab which is European p1000 version. I initially had few issues with it but it all got resolved. Actually I am looking for the gingerbread update. I have heard that the gingerbread update is available through kies. Is this true? I am not sure that it is true or not. So I tried connecting mine to lies, it doesn’t detect anything. I still have the same froyo version available in the phone settings. So I want to know about this. Does anybody know about this? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Why is Gingerbread update not showing up in Kies?

Well as far as I know that yes gingerbread update is available. I am a bit surprised that it isn’t showing up to you. I think you should try to hard reset the phone. After this try to look for the gingerbread update. Also I would say that try to un-install the kies once. Try to delete the regedit files of kies. Try to restart and re-install the new version. I hope this will help you to update to gingerbread

I think you are facing this problem because gingerbread has not officially released yet. There have been rumors that it has but it hasn’t. You can search on the official website and find out that whether it has or no. I would say that start googling on the internet and find out whether gingerbread update is available or no. as far as I think you will have to wait for some time.

Firstly I think you should make sure that whether gingerbread update is available or no. I would suggest you that visit the official website of Samsung and find it. I would also say that you cans search in different forums related to this and find some help from there.