Thread: Screen of Macbook pro cracked

Screen of Macbook pro cracked

Last year I had got a macbook pro which is 2.2 ghz. Some days back, my macbook pro screen got broked. There is a big crack on top of the screen. I don’t know how that crack came. After finding out hard, I came to know that it was done by a pen by someone. But I don’t think that this is right or justified. Then I thought that I should protect it and get a similar case. I would like to know that does anybody on mac-forum have a similar case. If yes then please give me full details regarding it. I want to know that is this a design problem or some people like me are facing this problem. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: Screen of Macbook pro cracked

It would be nice if you get this problem of yours resolved. Well let me tell you this that it is not easy for the apple to repair a broken or cracked screen under the warranty. If there is a mistake that apple feels then they would recall it like they had to replace the battery. If you say then they will conclude and say that this crack was made by you only. I have been working in computer repairing industry and also in consumer electronics shop since long. I have seen such annoying complains against their product done by people that will shock you. I would say that instead of help and all try to replace the screen yourself. If you think that you can do it by yourself then check for the cost below. You can try out ifixit kind of solutions. There is much other solution on the google that you can search and you will find the solutions. I hope my suggestion helps.

I would say that I went through your query and I suspect that the damage that you described is not caused by a design defect. I have also worked in a repair industry for long and I have seen almost all kinds of damage and causes. I would say that there is nothing in design that will cause the screen to crack first of all.

I think that something was dropped on the lid of the laptop while closing. It is also quite possible that someone must have put wait on it. I am sure that it is not a design flaw.

I would say that contact the apple guys and just email them about this thing. Tell them to help you out. I understand and it is very sad. I would say that also remember that laptops and all electronic gadgets are very sensitive and they require proper protection. I would say that always take care of these things to avoid any damage. Also remember that precaution is always better than cure.