Thread: Orange screen on startup in iMac

Orange screen on startup in iMac

I am using a iMac and the problem i have faced now is that when i was playing the game the screen started lagging and finally the game got hanged and then i restarted the computer but then on the startup after the sniping wheel the machine got locked in to a orange screen.I tried various solution to solve it out but nothing seemed to be working by now.Is there any one who have experienced the same problem before and have come up with a solution.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Orange screen on startup in iMac

I have not yet came across this problem but you can just try hold the power button for 10 seconds but with the machine unplugged or you can also try booting from the Mac OS CD which had locked the machine in to orange screen.Just try to perform these solution and check out if the problem gets solved but if not then we can probably look for some other solution for this.Hope that helps.

You can also try to perform the repairing permission and in order to perform this what you have to do is just open disk utility which is basically located at under Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and then select your startup disk which would be on the left of the disk utility window and then select the first aid from the tabs and then just click on the "Repair Disk Permissions" button and you can also try to repair permission before you install any new update in order to avoid any kind of potential permission conflict but it is not necessary to do so.

I will also like to inform you something about the repair permission process that if you have face any kind of problem with the boot disk which basically require to boot from the Mac OS X which comes with the computer than you can the disk utility using the same CD and use the repair permission on your boot disk.This will help you to correct the permission of the important files in mac os x but it can leave out some permission incorrectly as well so you will have to run repair permission again after you boot off the boot disk which will later solve the permission problem

Even i am stuck at the same orange screen problem i am having a nVidia 8800 which i find is not easy to access but it can be removed easily from the logic board as i have already tried before when i was facing some conflicting issues and now it makes me feel that it can again be the cause of this problem.If i can confirm it somehow then i will get it replaced but i am not getting the main reason for this problem.I have already visited some forum and have found that many of them is having this problem but no one has identified the cause for it.

I am having a macbook pro(2008) with 2.4ghz intel and i am using a Nvidia 8600 chipset and i have the same problem.I have already tried an apple hardware test bu then it said no problem found and know i dont know what to do i feel the cause of this problem is the Nvidia 8600 chipset as i have came across a no of people finding Nvidia 8600 chipset to be the main cause fro this but no one is sure about it.I am still in the warrant period but i still doubt that the Apple will change the logic board for this.

Even i am facing the same problem and the hardware test from apple was not able to detect any problem so after trying various solution in order to solve it out i went to the genius bar and alter even the ran and tested that every thing is fine now but just after a week it started acting in the same way and now i am just frustrated with this problem and i am personally willing to reinstall OS X as well as the windows.I wish there could have been a solution for it by now