Thread: New Mac Mini does not have DVD drive

New Mac Mini does not have DVD drive

It appears that the new MacMini does not have built-in DVD drive. You have to use an exterior USB drive with it. What is the thought with this? It begins with a efficient unit, solid and then you have to add one more drive and another cable or perhaps two cables I was planning to get one of these but now I think i must reconsider my self

Re: New Mac Mini does not have DVD drive

You are absolutely correct Which mastermind determined to put the new Mac Mini, with no the ability to record a bit? The Apple website says that you can use your Mac or PC for that reason, or MacBook Air. What if the Mac Mini is the only computer you have? What are we believed to do if we desire to make something in iMovie and want to burn it to DVD?

I presumption people can buy an outer burner but I imagine they were with supremacy equipment.

I have an old Mac Mini. I purchase about 3 weeks previous to it is updated for the first time in a time. Oh, well. That's part of being a fan of Apple Mine does not have a SuperDrive. Was $ 200 superfluous at the time, which I consider was absurd. He had intended to have an external DVD burner, but never did. I do some very basic cutting in iMovie and want to be able to burn to DVD and bring it to my office, where I have an old Powerbook and my work PC. It appear that the way to go if I can buy a new Mac Mini would be the basic model and I have to finally get around to buying this external burner

Except you already have a well-suited external DVD burner, owner of the Apple SuperDrive. As renowned, you only have one computer so that you can not have access to from another device. There are other ways to share your creations move using wifi / mailbox, post or publish private or public Internet, or in other media such as flash drives. If you have León server can be allow services and post their own matter anyway. Shop for an appropriate and well-suited used a dependable source.

Fortuity may be with you

Not contain an optical drive is a destroyer for me also; I wanted the Mac Mini as a home theater unit beneath the 50 "plasma, not much point in that if my family can not be put away to a DVD and watch it! And what about ripping audio CDs to iTunes - and no, I do not want a bloody add-on Super Drive, or use my MacBook SuperDrive and transfer files additional pictures, more cables Anyone who says that "just get a USB DVD" obviously does not realize what is incident here, Most people who buy this have no idea which has no optical drive, so when you want to buy software so that they will do - ah that will use the App Store How opportune for Apple, an extra was barren and present income and platinum silver when you want to add some music or a movie -! Ah iTunes this is getting silly now, I'm starting to talk about Apple as before to talk about Microsoft a few years - not these morons realize that corporate really "know" what's new? Do you think we are all certifiable unintelligent? I would fill my house with new Apple computer, Mac Mini as home to the central unit in theater, in all rooms AX power speakers, AE lead in the mobile; the iPhone isolated control ... goes on. I love the team I’m starting to hate the company ... not good public relations

I don't believe CD Drives have gone the way of the floppy drive yet, so why ditch it Apple, why?!