Thread: Another MacBook pro power connector MagSafe destroyed in fire

Another MacBook pro power connector MagSafe destroyed in fire

So a similar event occur to me some time ago. I was sitting on my bed listening to music with iTunes, when the MBP rapidly turned off screen, HDD, etc directly later, a bright red circle emerge in the left speaker where the MagSafe is plugged in and disappeared almost instantly, but then the smoke and fumes started emergence the speakers. It was an electrical fire. I detached the MBP MagSafe and put out the fire and then remove the charger from the mains. I'm scared , since I was there to extinguish the fire before the thing was completely burned the only visible damage to the mine was small holes in the plastic on the side of the MBP which had melt I have immediately on the phone to Apple and asked many questions about whether anyone was injured in the area, I received my new MBP yesterday without the old hard drive back up (which should be able to do - I'm pretty sure the HD was not damaged by fire). I talked to them again today and told me that it is unlikely that it can save my data and now has been sent to Apple HQ in California so even if you can back up, it will be a long wait. They also gave me a number to call to claim a "gift" I'm still calling, but I guess I will offer an iPod or something, but I really do not think that's enough, because I was in a shelter school with 60 people in it. What if the fire had occurred at night and people had died? It is unlikely that he had not smelled the smoke came out of it terrible when I was on, but still, there is a stage and I think I should pay more than an ipod miserable. The other man who had this problem is very fortunate that their cats were there to pull the plug. I just hope this problem will never have cause serious harm to anyone.

Re: Another MacBook pro power connector MagSafe destroyed in fire

Those relay crazy you are just been lucky Good thing you’re ok may it would also damaged your system just stay safe and don’t connect it again

You were there when this occurred thank god you were safe and also you device was safe did you informed about this to any one I just suggest you do that first and I am also using the same specs so can you please tel me how did this incidence occurred its strange to me but really will be benefited to us if you inform how dose this happen

Yeah you are right and that make me worry as I am also using the same mechanism and leave my MacBookPro plugged in when I'm not in the region now I will not doing that

The delight of revised A hardware happy to hear you were not injured or your bed for that matter. Hope Apple fixes this soon. What the hel is wron with this company such a reputation and then such kind of thing happens

I feel bad that this happen, sure, but at the same time, this sort of thing should not discourage consumers. It's annoying to read some of the answers to these kinds of things, and I'm not pointing fingers, but people, this happens with all kinds of products every day. I guess a good portion of you have seen Fight Club. My conclusion is that any product containing any electrical installation is vulnerable to fire. The fact that this has only happened to you twice so far is sufficient evidence that appears to be an unlikely event. Also, and I have not really dug deep to read into it, but it was written anywhere that supplies power to the computer is plugged into a surge protector? I'm sure they were, but could be an entirely different consider. Things happen ... gas leak lead to explosions, leaving the brakes in automobiles, airplanes crash , That does not mean people should not purchase a stove, or driving a car or flying in an airplane for that affair. I'm not saying do not worry by all means take precautions ... My AC does not turn on when I'm not at home any longer which is a window unit and if you smell a gas leak, call energy consumers to be sure. Sorry to rant, but it seems that I am one of the few people on these forums to try to see the good side of things. Things happen, life goes on. Do not let isolated cases ruin your perspective on the MacBook Pro, or life for that topic.

That's scary. I just left mine plugged into a cushion on the weekend while I was in another place in town for 4 days from now I'm going to keep the download to your desktop from now. And unplug the new every time I'm not in the same room. Better safe than sorry. This scares me. My MBP is present in the back of my condo sitting on the floor, connected, downloading torrent files all day while I'm at work. Oh, well, that's what it is to HOI. wondered whether it would be offered a gift or something ... It seems that Apple is trying to keep the fire history in the MagSafe calm.