Thread: Macbook Pro 2011 – Thinking to Upgrade Hard drive

Macbook Pro 2011 – Thinking to Upgrade Hard drive

Basically I'm thinking of upgrading the hard drive in my MBP. It’s currently using standard 500 GB that came with. I’m a bit confused about the process of doing so.From what I see on the Internet, it’s pretty easy to do and people saying to do it my car does not void the warranty. Is this really true?

Second, if true, is what you have a recommendation for a company that can do this for me? I’m aware that a third party may also void the warranty, but what about these "dealers" that I see everywhere?

re: Macbook Pro 2011 – Thinking to Upgrade Hard drive

Think Before you upgrade.

This warranty does not apply .if the product has been modified without the written permission of Apple .

Adding memory (DRAM, VRAM) or user-installable upgrade or expansion products to an Apple computer is not measured a alteration to this product from Apple. Consequently, it is essential to find written permission from Apple to upgrade or expand an Apple computer.

re: Macbook Pro 2011 – Thinking to Upgrade Hard drive

Change the hard drive in 2011 MBP is a fairly easy task to do it yourself. Not void the warranty, but the damage incurred in the exchange will be in charge.

Note that you must prepare the new hard drive after installation. This means that the format it and install the operating system. There are other things to do: Back up the old hard drive with Time Machine and then restore the backup from Time Machine after the new hard drive is installed and the operating system on it.

If someone wants to do the work for you, it's best to take it to a Apple Authorized Reseller or Apple Authorized Service Center.

Re: Macbook Pro 2011 – Thinking to Upgrade Hard drive

I think I'm going to go the Apple dealer. I will call apple dealer tomorrow .thanks for guiding me