Thread: New Macbook Charger Broken

New Macbook Charger Broken

Hi everyone! I have a 13-inch Macbook I've had since 2010, as I think? In any case, the other night was about to use my Macbook and cut the MagSafe power cable on the side of the computer like I always do and suddenly started smoking! I panicked and took the cable from the computer. But when I try to connect the charger back up the computer the light is not lit, so it will not charge more.

I took it to the Apple store today and tried to say I had water damage, blah, blah, but the last time water spilled on the computer that was months ago and has been running great since then, so that's not what caused it. They said they cannot "simply" repair the boot of the computer, as it would have to repair the motherboard and would price about $ 780 or incredible? I strength as well buy a new laptop with that money! That's ludicrous! The Macbook is totally fine, apart from that not only burden. I was using for the remaining hours of battery life after he had started smoking and ran as he always does without problems. I do not want to buy a new computer! I actually thought it could have simply fried Magsafe cable / adapter, so I bought a new one today and it did not work.

Re: New Macbook Charger Broken

The best thing to do is get an external battery charger to remain it going. Although you necessitate to check the charger model to contest your Macbook, the link above may or may not be compatible.

NewerTech BATCAPMB13 – Charger most recent battery technology and charges two batteries conditioner, one after a further or simultaneously charges an air cargo and a battery. Not only does this product charge your batteries quickly and properly, other than the profound conditioning feature two can expand the life of the battery, and provide life to an additional battery begin to show its age.

Thanks! Nevertheless I imagine my Macbook does not have a detachable battery! Is my best option to get a new Mac?

Unfortunately, water damage is misleading. He has a way of returning to haunt weeks, months later after the initial spill. You can read our sticky spills on top of the forum and have a good idea of what we face.

Put your Macbook on eBay for sale. Be convinced to make a note of that it has suffer a caress and the existing state of things. You may be capable to sell sufficient to make a payment on a new one. My recommendation is to pay out no more money or time on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Erie View Post
    Unfortunately, water damage is misleading. He has a way of returning to haunt weeks, months later after the initial spill. You can read our sticky spills on top of the forum and have a good idea of what we face.

Put your Macbook on eBay for sale. Be convinced to make a note of that it has suffer a caress and the existing state of things. You may be capable to sell sufficient to make a payment on a new one. My recommendation is to pay out no more money or time on the machine.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of selling it and using it to help pay for a Macbook Pro How much do you think. taking into account the computer itself worked fine after the charger was damaged. I'll take the hard drive and even though he maintain that to load belongings in a new computer.