Thread: External Western Digital HDD is not compatible with Powered 7 Port USB Hub on MacBook Pro

External Western Digital HDD is not compatible with Powered 7 Port USB Hub on MacBook Pro

Hi guys,

I am having a 13' MacBook Pro and I also have more USB devices than I be familiar with and to connect them with my MacBook Pro I have bought a powered 7-port hub from Belkinits for the majority part, it working enormous I also have contain a 160 GB Western Digital external hard drive.

Apart from freezing and crashing infrequently the external too works awesome. And at the time I use the external through the hub, it also works okay. Although, after I put the MacBook to sleep, the hard drive wake it up, and after that the laptop go back to sleep. These typically occur on three times, and it remain asleep. The "improper device removal" caution warning also become visible onscreen. These troubles only occur while the drive is linked throughout the hub, it's fully all right when connected directly to the computer. clearly, this poses a trouble for future USB growth, because the MacBook Pro only has two USB ports.I was confident that you guys may have some suggestion or ideas,

thanks in advance.

Re: External Western Digital HDD is not compatible with Powered 7 Port USB Hub on MacBook Pro

Why don’t you try detaching the external HD prior to putting the MacBook to sleep to observe if the similar thing happen. I've perhaps this trouble was already mentioned on this forum before but don't think someone might resolve it. If you Google this trouble you're clear to find other occurrences. Please reply the solution if you get one

Re: External Western Digital HDD is not compatible with Powered 7 Port USB Hub on MacBook Pro

Even I had the same problem I solved the trouble. I chosen up an Apple wired keyboard yesterday, and one of the particulars it option is two USB ports on the rear. though, they are not powered like my hub. While I include the hard drive linked all the way through that although the keyboard itself is linked by means of the hub the whole thing workings flawlessly. On top of that, as I am capable of have all of my devices functioning correctly through the hub, I at the present have one of the two MacBook USB ports open, on top of that two more on the hub itself.
    By the ways, the Apple wired keyboard is pretty much ideal, and I would advise it to anybody. It's just $30.

Yeah that may work not confirm though Excellent, thanks for posting back your answer I was also facing the same problem and I will defiantly going to check the whether this swill works or not and let you all know about this thanks

I got a question for you which USB hub are you having for your external HD.I previously purchase 2 and none of them works. One of it is believed to be powered. except I don't believe that actually it is.I have 3 external Samsung HDs.
    Thanks for your reply.