Thread: MacBook Screen broken, want to replace it?

MacBook Screen broken, want to replace it?

I have a MacBook and recently its screen got broken, because something fell on its screen. I bought this MacBook, 4 months ago. And therefore, it is still under the warranty period. But, as my screen is broken, I want to know that will my warranty will work in this case and the another thing that I want to ask is, I will replace this screen with a new screen then around how much it will cost. If you have any idea about this, then please reply.

Re: MacBook Screen broken, want to replace it?

As your screen is physically damaged, therefore in this case the warranty will be void, and is irrelevant. And if you want to replace your screen then I think it will cost you around few hundreds of bucks, I think it can go between$650 to around $800 or it can go beyond that also.

Yes, if you read the documents that came with your MacBook then you can understand that in such cases, warranty becomes void. However, you can get your screen replaced by any third party company, but for that they can cost you some service charge for that. Once my screen also got damaged then I just bought a new LCD panel and I replaced that by myself. It was not so hard to replace that.

I want to save money as much as I can so it will be better to replace that by myself. So, I want to ask from where I can get that LCD screen and it will be better if I could get any tutorial to replace the screen so that I can do it by myself.

You can find some vendors for the LCD screens on eBay and they will cost you around $175 to $250, but you have to spend some time there if you want to find a best deal. And as far as installation of the screen is concerned, that is not very painful. But, as you are doing it for the first time therefore you have to do it carefully because there are some delicate spots in MacBooks.

When you are searching for a good place to buy screens then never use Macbook Pro and your screen size as search keyword, instead of that use the model number followed by word LCD. The most legitimate sites where you can search for that screen are, ETechparts, PowerbookMedic, or you can also visit ScreenCountry. But, if you want to get a cheaper deal then you should visit eBay, but you will not be able to return it back if you get something bad with the screen.