Thread: How to make MacBook, hdmi, dvi, mini-dvi, and HDTV combination work?

How to make MacBook, hdmi, dvi, mini-dvi, and HDTV combination work?

Here I need some help from you. I have a MacBook Pro and I want to make MacBook, hdmi, dvi, mini-dvi, and HDTV combination to work together, but I am getting a problem when I try to do that. Whenever I try clicking on “Detect Displays” then I don’t get any response and the same picture remains on my screen. And therefore I just get no signal always. I don’t know what actually I am missing to do. Does any of you have any idea about what should I do to make them work together.

Re: How to make MacBook, hdmi, dvi, mini-dvi, and HDTV combination work?

I think you should try doing this. First, turn off the TV, and after that connect the MacBook, and after that, again turn on the TV. Or you can also do this, first keep your TV on first and MackBook off and then connect the MacBook and then turn on the MacBook. I was used to do this few years ago but, now I can’t remember what we should keep on first, so I will suggest you to try both the ways one should work. And reply back with what you got after you tried with this solution.

As you suggested, I tried with the both way, first by turning TV on and MacBook off and then vice versa, but both of them didn’t worked and still nothing is happening when I click on "Detect Displays". Do you have any other suggestion that I should try to follow?

I am also using the same setup combination as you mentioned above. Initially I was also not getting it to the display but after that when I pushed the mini-dvi adapter with little more pressure into MacBook, then I got it displayed on my TV. I think you should I also try doing the same what I did. I hope it works for you also.

As you said I tried with pushing mini-dvi adapter with little more pressure into the MacBook, but I am still not getting anything other than no signal. And still I am not getting any response when I try clicking on "Detect Displays".

I think I can help you if you can tell me about what are the display settings that you have used for the mini-dvi port. And also it would be better if you have mentioned the refresh rate and the resolution also. So, reply with those information so that I can try helping you.

The refresh rate is 60 Hz and I am using a mini-dvi to HDMI cable and I have connected this to my HDTV with a HDMI cable. I am trying to do something so that I can get my HDTV to get recognized my MacBook and for that I have tried with many different resolutions, but I am not able to get this setup working. I even tried to connect my MacBook to other HDTV but I am getting the same thing with that also. If you have any suggestions to make it work, then please share that with me.