Thread: Got hairline crack on my white unibody Macbook

Got hairline crack on my white unibody Macbook

I got hairline crack on my white unibody Macbook. I thought this trouble was solved earlier. Anyone here who got same problem.

Re: Got hairline crack on my white unibody Macbook

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliana View Post
    I got hairline crack on my white unibody Macbook. I thought this trouble was solved earlier. Anyone here who got same problem.
    As far as I know if we are talking about the "backbone" of the screen (the part with the Apple logo on it). This part was never part of the trouble (or at least not one party that Apple will replace free of charge).
    The two sides that are the trouble are part of the screen and the "capital" which includes the keyboard and trackpad.

If your part with the logo. From the same corner of the hinge on both sides is a right angle .is only ten months old .This certainly should not happen?

The material (plastic) that occurs from the top deck is a very hard and thick enough. I do not think that this part only spontaneously cracks. If it is cracked .This laptop should have been dropped .causing the crack.

Are we talking without doubt a crack or "cracks" .they are just "looking at the surface" cracks but in reality they are the cracks?

If you really have cracks in the mentioned (no cracks). This is pretty darn unusual. you should probably check with Apple. Or go directly to your nearest Apple store or contact them via phone.

If you bought this new computer than its 10 months then it is still covered by Apple care and Apple may replace the cover charge. But you have to talk to them about it.

If that is where the cracks (I thought you meant the top corner, not near the hinge).Whenever I see this type of cracking. First thing I think is that the user is being too hard on your laptop. What I mean is approximately:
    • Open or close the lid too hard or too fast
    • Adjust the angle of the lid through a corner, instead of the top center of the lid.

Many users think they are being difficult when they do. But they really are. My wife does all the time (adjusting the angle of the lid when opened with just grab a corner and does it very fast). I "scold" her all the time to do it!

When this is done. Gets a lot of "couple-stress" in the area of the hinges and if done too often or hard I cracks’ still do with Apple about it. As it is still covered under warranty.

I'm reading the network now and there are rather few unibody doing this after 3 months. Mine was purchased in the tenth month of last year so it’s about 7 or 8 months old. I feel a little better now, like some other people have had fixed his assurance of things looking up. Not yet though it’s great I'm really careful with all my stuff. My phone is 18 months old and going through new. Like my Macbook is apart from the two slits. Otherwise I love it. I’ll call Metro apple store and inform. Thanks again

Remember when you search the Internet .you can always find people to publish the problems like yours. But statistically these people can only represent a very small proportion of all owners of a specific product. So 99.99% of the owners have no problem .and only 0.01% has a trouble. Just mentioning this for the sake of discussion.

If some people have had this repaired under warranty great. get to the Apple store as soon as possible if you only have less than 2 months left.

But then again. If you do get it fixed .in the future, not to adjust the angle of the lid holding only one corner of the lid. Notebook Tapas and coordination mechanisms have always been a problem in many models of laptops from the 1990 and will probably remain a problem area.

I will make a dent. Open it from the center because of the short, but admit that some odd closing time from 1 corner, not all the time, if I do it near a corner would always be the right corner. This causes cracks in the hinges of equivalent, or more, on the one hand, I wonder? i will inform on Saturday I go to metro center below. If not then I report good news because it is fired for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryszard View Post
    I will make a dent. Open it from the center because of the short, but admit that some odd closing time from 1 corner, not all the time, if I do it near a corner would always be the right corner. This causes cracks in the hinges of equivalent, or more, on the one hand, I wonder? i will inform on Saturday I go to metro center below. If not then I report good news because it is fired for repair.
    As for the opening / closing the lid of one of the corners. It only takes one time for cracks to start and then the subsequent times can be made larger. So the total size of the crack, it probably occurred at the same time.

Ask for the repairs. If you can please report any way (good or bad) because we have a record of it so that others can benefit from

I personally do not like Windows. Made the switch to know what was about to OS X. it’s much better. Everything is more solid. Basically works but let’s see what Apple says the Sabbath and restore my faith in the Macbook. Because i distorted my Nokia for an iPhone and right away buy one more Nokia and the iPhone was given to my niece. The battery was deprived .I just anticipate that I am required to revert to a Windows machine.

Mine is doing this precise same thing. However, mine is 1.5 years. I just called apple and they will not do anything about it, because it is more than 1 year. They said the basic service would be $ 300 and go from there. Not worth it for me. I consider myself to be easy on my laptop, but perhaps am not built to withstand a lot. I know it has never fallen, which has never been out of the case, do not eat or drink for him, etc. I have never had any other laptop crack in the hinge or a mechanical failure. I'm a little upset, but not much I can do.

I will probably try to sell this laptop and go another way. I have a feeling that will work better for you because yours is less than a year.