Thread: Audio got disabled in my MacBook Pro, how I can enable it again?

Audio got disabled in my MacBook Pro, how I can enable it again?

I am using a MacBook Pro now, and I have got an issue with its audio. I am not able to hear any audio at all, fro my MacBook Pro, and therefore I am not able to listen any song or other audios from it. when I pressed the F5 button so as to increase the volume of my MacBook Pro, then just below the volume icon I saw a circle with a line on it. I think that the audio is got disabled in my MacBook Pro. I don’t know how it got disabled, but now I really don’t have any idea about how to enable it again, therefore I will really need someone’s help for doing this. So, please, help me to enable it again so that I can hear the audio from it.

Re: Audio got disabled in my MacBook Pro, how I can enable it again?

The same is with my MacBook Pro also, I am not able to hear any sound coming out from it. And there is a small circle with a slash on it, near the volume icon. I am really very irritated now. I am not able to understand what happened to this. It was working fine till the last week. And from last 3-4 days I am trying to play songs and videos but no sound is coming from my MacBook Pro. If there is any kind of solution to fix this issue then please share that with us.

So, you are not able to get any audio from your MacBook Pro? Then I think you should try with rebooting your MacBook Pro. Have you both tried rebooting your MacBook Pro? If not then, just reboot your MacBook Pro and see if you can hear the audio from your MacBook Pro or not. I hope it works.

As you suggested, I tried rebooting my MacBook Pro five times but still I am not getting any sound coming out of my MacBook Pro. So, now I think it cannot be fixed with rebooting my MacBook Pro. Is there any other solution that I can try so that I can get audio of my MacBook Pro again? If any of you know then please reply. I really need a solution for this as soon as possible, because my MacBook Pro is nearly not of any use if it won’t have any audio in it.

I am also having the same problem with my MacBook Pro, and I am also getting the same circle with a slashed line on it, and no audio from my MacBook Pro. I tried searching for a solution for it on Google but didn’t got any workaround for it. Then I saw this thread so I thought I should post this problem here also. I hope I can get a working solution at least hear. And I want to specify that I have already tried rebooting my MacBook Pro and that didn’t worked at all so some other solutions please.

Are getting this issue only with your songs or it is the same with the system sound also? I mean, are you able to hear the system sounds? And if you are not able to hear the system sound also then I think it must be a serious issue. And if you are able to hear at least the system sound then I think I will be able to solve this issue. So, first reply me with whether you are able to hear System sound or not?

No, I am not able to hear any sound from it. I mean not even the system sound. I don’t hear the even the sound which comes when turning off or on MacBook.

When did you buy your MacBook Pro? Is it still under the warranty period? If your MacBook Pro is under the warranty then I will suggest you to contact Apple Care, they can figure out the reason behind this issue and they will fix your MacBook Pro free of cost. Once I was having some problem with the Keyboard of my MacBook Pro, and I got it fixed from them. So, I will suggest you also to try them.

I must have tried with that but, I bought this MacBook around 16 months ago, and therefore now it is not under the warranty period. So, is there anything else which I can do?

Do you have the AppleCare protection plan with your MacBook Pro. If you have them then they will provide you servicing even after your warranty period. They will replace your hardware if they will not be able to fix it.

No, I don’t have any plan of AppleCare, I never got that. I want to know is it an hardware issue or I can fix it by doing some settings or any other things. If it can be fixed by me, then tell me the solution otherwise if it is an hardware issue then I will get it fixed by any third party company who is capable of fixing MacBook issues.

I think I have a working solution for it. Actually the same thing happened with my MacBook Pro also, last month. I was not able to get any audio from it. Rebooting my MacBook Pro didn’t work at all. Then I thought to hear sound using a headphone, as an alternative, as the main audio was not working. And I was able to hear audio through the headphone. And when I unplugged the headphone from it then I saw that the audio of my MacBook Pro started working again automatically. I think the reason behind this issue was that, when I was listening songs through the last time and after that when I removed headphone from my MacBook Pro then it might have not removed properly and when I again plugged in and plugged out the headphone then this time it got disconnected perfectly and hence I got the audio of my MacBook Pro working again. I think you should also try doing this. I hope it works for you guys also.

Thanks for sharing that working solution with us. It really works. When I tried with plugging in the headphone and then removing it again from my MacBook Pro, then initially it didn’t solved this issue but when it did it for five four times then suddenly I got back the audio of MacBook Pro again.