Thread: Reset keycodes and their differences in nokia

Reset keycodes and their differences in nokia

I bought nokia E7 symbian Anna phone last mont . I want to know that how to reset my factory settings using keycode but don’t want loose any contact numbers from phone. I have idea that there are three keycodes from which I could remember only 1 is *#7370# and don’t know what other two are for and what are the differences between them .

Re: Reset keycodes and their differences in nokia

Actually every phone has its keycode can also say the shortcut keys or hidden codes through which you can you can make it function your phone. You are looking for the code for resetting your nokia phone settings. So refer here some codes for your knowledge. There are two codes *#7780# and *#7370# this are two codes which I think you are looking. *#7780# is for soft-reset . This code does not delete your info such as contacts, sms etc.and *#7370# is for hard-reset. This code deletes all user info. I think you got the difference you were looking for.

Thanks for the info . but you did not mention the procedure how to it. Actually I m little bit confused wirth the soft reset and hard reset code. If I go with soft reset and by chance my contacts and sms info deletes then.. I m afraid to go with this code. Is there any other procedure from where I can reset it.

I think engineers working in nokia even want that there is no loss of data for users doing with the soft reset, therefore they have made the different keycode so that user can easily reset their settings without any confusion. There are different keycodes provided then I don’t know what is the confusion.

*#7780# is for Soft reset does not delete user Information
    Here is a Procedure you can follow to have a soft reset
    • Unlock your phone and type *#7780# using your keypad .
    • then it will ask you to restore all phone settings after which phone will restart
    • After restarting the phone it will ask the security code enter default code provided by nokia = 12345

*#7370# it is for Hard reset it will delete all user information.
    • Unlock your phone and type *#7370# using your keypad .
    • then it will ask you to restore all phone settings after which phone will restart
    • After restarting the phone it will ask the security code enter default code provided by nokia = 12345

You can even Total restore it if your phone does not boot up properly . just go through following procedure :

• Remove your phones battery and then wait for 15-20 minutes.
    • together press and hold these three keys – Green key , * key , 3 key
    • then switch ON the phone.

I have nokia 2700 classic and nokia 5310 which were having problems so decided to factory reset the phones. So I tried the above procedures but its not happening with my both phones. I don’t know am I doing wrong the procedures mentioned or the above procedures are incorrect.

As far as I m concerned nor the above procedures are wrong and not may you be wrong . The thing is that phones you are trying to format is S40 supported phones and the above solutions are meant for S60 phones. You can follow these procedure to reset your phone Menu=>settings=>Rest. factory settings
    After finishing it just reboot your phone. I guess you will get your old settings when you bought your phone rest all saved applications will be deleted.

I m still confused regarding the hard reset . I want to know stiil that doing hard reset can it harm any other saved files on my memory card or will effect only phone memory. When I hard reset the phone, do the software will have all which I had at the time of buying the phone.

As mentioned above ..again I will explain you to total remove your confusion. So that there will be doubts regarding hard and soft reset.
    -Unlock your phone and type *#7370# using your keypad .
    -then it will ask you to restore all phone settings after which phone will restart
    -After restarting the phone it will ask the security code enter default code provided by nokia = 12345
    This HARD RESET will remove all your data from the phone memory

-Unlock your phone and type *#7370# using your keypad .
    -then it will ask you to restore all phone settings after which phone will restart
    -After restarting the phone it will ask the security code enter default code provided by nokia = 12345
    This SOFT RESET will reset it leaving user information.

And left with your memory card issue. So whenever you reset your factory settings an any of the nokia phone remember one thing that only phone data is deleted not the memory card data.