Thread: Apple MacBook: Hard Drive not showing up in Disc Utility

Apple MacBook: Hard Drive not showing up in Disc Utility

Hello all, I am having the problem with my Apple MacBook. The problem is that this is not booting up, when I try to on it at that time I am getting Circle with a line crossing through it instead of the apple logo. I am not getting that why this thing happens to me. Here I am thinking that my hard drive was bad and replaced it, but while formatting when I go to the disc utility at there I found that and it wasn’t showing up in disc utility, all I could see was the OS X install disc. So what can I do now? Please help me in this case.

Re: Apple MacBook: Hard Drive not showing up in Disc Utility

In this case I will suggest you to boot with the OS X install disc and then go to Utilities > Disk Utility and see if the drive appears there. And then partition the hard drive. Try with this and I hope that this will help in your case. And also don’t wonder about that circle because it will be due to the limited room and heat. Hope my suggestion will help in your case?

I followed your suggestion and here I can see that even after following with your suggestion, when booting from the OS disc when the drive is in the machine it will not come into view in disk utility. Please suggest me any other suggestion to do so.

In your case, I think that you are almost certainly right since both drives can be seen in the area but not in the computer. And also while connecting the drive I will suggest you to make sure that all the connection are proper. If after this it will not work again then this is time to get the Mac checked out.

For resolving this problem I have Ordered a new hard drive cable from ifixit and then I have also replaced that existing cable. And now I can see that my MacBook is now recognizes the internally connected hard drive. And after this I can say here that this fault was only due to the faulty hard drive. And here I would like to say thanks to all of for helping me in this case. An if I will get any other problem then also I will report you all over here.

Hey all, I tried with the suggestion and this all are still not working in my case. For resolving this problem I have also tried boot with the OS X install disc and there I had changed the setting but still it was of no use for me. Here I would like to say thanks to all of you for suggesting me the solution but really they are not helping me. Now for that reason I have decided to replace the hard drive and instead of that I will take a new hard drive for that and then I will try it again.