Thread: How to format flash drive in the Apple Mac OS X

How to format flash drive in the Apple Mac OS X

Hey all I am using the Apple Mac OS X and I am very happy with this on. I came here to know the way to format flash drive in the Apple Mac OS X. if any of you I having the proper steps for this thing then please suggest me back. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to format flash drive in the Apple Mac OS X

For this thing I will suggest you for the checking in the Applications Disk Utility> Utilities> Disk Utility and then select the mounted drive and click "Erase" tab. Then make MS-DOS FAT format volume and click delete. But here , you can format it as Mac OS (Journaled) format. You will find that Mac OS X, writes that the faster once you do, although if the plan for sharing with Windows PCs, this might not work unless you have MacDrive, or any similar application that allows Windows PC read Mac OS X file format.

Hey here I would like to say that If you are moving between Mac and Windows, you want to format your flash drive with the FAT32 file system. I am telling this thing because It should not matter if you format on your Mac or Windows machine. So for that reason you will need To do this on the Mac, connect the flash drive and open Disk Utility. The drive should appear in the list on the left of the window of depleted uranium. Select the drive and click the Erase tab. In that tab, select MS-DOS (FAT) as the volume format, select a disk name, if desired, then click Delete, and wait. That said, if the unit of "no more work" after a while, may be defective and is likely. And after that I think that All flash drives have a finite number of read / write cycles before it fails to work reliably again, although it is unlikely that this limit is reached through normal use.

Hey friends, here I would like to say thanks to all of your for helping me in this case. Your suggestion really helped in my case.

I also want the suggestion for formatting the flash drive in my Apple Mac OS X, and finally here I found the solution for that. I am trying with the suggestion which are given over here. But I am having some important data in my flash drive, so for that reason I want to take the backup of all the data which are there and after that I will format it. And also thanks for the suggestion.