Thread: Apple MacBook Pro: how to charge battery first time before using it?

Apple MacBook Pro: how to charge battery first time before using it?

Hi all, I have bought my first MacBook Pro and I am very eager to starting using it because before this I was not having any Macbook before this. So I came here to know that will here before starting I need to charge the battery fully? Any other tips while starting the MacBook for the first time?

Re: Apple MacBook Pro: how to charge battery first time before using it?

I have done this thing so here I would like to suggest you the steps as follows:
    The battery calibration for the PowerBook G4 and any model of MacBook or MacBook Pro has been updated with a new battery released with this computer. With these computers, follow these steps to calibrate your battery:

• First you will need to plug in the power adapter and fully charge your PowerBook's battery and don’t stop charging until the light ring or LED on the power adapter plug changes to green.
    • After the fully charging the battery, allow the battery to rest in the fully charged state for at least two hours and during this time you can also use the computer.
    • When this all things have finished then at that time Disconnect the power adapter with the team up and then start running the computer on battery power .
    • And then I will suggest you to use your MacBook until it goes to sleep and then when it shows that battery is low at that time save your all application and also close them.
    • Then connect the power adapter and leave it connected until the battery is fully charged again after this you can use your MacBook for your use. This will work fine.

Hey I have already noticed this process. this is the process to load the first time that the battery before use or just to calibrate the battery, regardless of when that is done? I ask that the manual does not mention fully charge the battery first before using it, I'm looking forward to use. And also thanks for suggesting me this steps.

Great steps, I have also bought my new Apple MacBook Pro and for that I was searching for the steps for starting the first time my MacBook. And here I got the steps for doing so. Here I would like to say thanks to you because you have given the nice steps for starting the Apple MacBook Pro first time. Now I have done as you suggested in the reply and now my Apple MacBook Pro is working so good. If I will fond any other problem related to this then I will reply here back.