Thread: Apple MacBook: how to keep on when it is closed?

Apple MacBook: how to keep on when it is closed?

Hey all friends, please help me to keep on my Apple MacBook while keeping it closed. With this laptop I am using the external monitor connected via mini DVI and then I had connected it to 24 inch monitor. For that reason only I have never look at my laptop screen, but no I want to keep it on with the laptop closed. So can anyone help me in this case? Please reply for my problem.

Re: Apple MacBook: how to keep on when it is closed?

In this case I will suggest you for the program called insomnia and I am sure that this will really help in your case. And also I would like to say you that Apple Macbook dissipates heat through the keyboard so here you will need for checking for the alternatives for keeping it cool.

Here I can say that you can operate your MacBook in clam shell mode, and for doing that you can follow the steps as:

• For that you will need to Buy an external Apple keyboard and any good quality mouse.
    • And after that you will need to Connect an external monitor via mini DVI or VGA cable. And then Connect the external keyboard and mouse to your MacBook Pro USB port on the keyboard.
    • Then Enter the display preferences and do the setting as the external monitor as a mirror and the correct native resolution.
    • Keep off the external monitor.
    • Close the lid of your MacBook and let it go to sleep.
    • Press a key on the external keyboard. The MacBook wakes up, but internal monitor is off.
    • Turn on the external monitor. It should show in their native resolution.
    • Open the lid of your MacBook. The internal monitor must remain off.

I do the exact same thing as above when I use my MacBook at home. Hope that this will help on your case.

Hey thanks for suggesting me the steps for using the MacBook in clam shell mode. I am trying with that and if I will get any error then I will report you back to you. For some reason, when using sample reflects, is not going to let my TV / monitor for use is the native 1080p resolution

For that reason I will suggest you to look to open the display settings on the Mac. After that you will need to connect your monitor and then look in the monitor options. There is something called underscan. You can adjust this to fit your monitor as close as possible. Hope that I will help in your case.

I think that for this you will need to turn the screen brightness down with the help of pressing the F1 key and after that turn the keyboard brightness down with the help of pressing the F5 key. I am suggesting you this thing because I have also done this thing when I took my MBP up to my TV to watch movies. Here in the clamshell mode, for freeing up those resources the internal monitor have to disable.