Thread: How to add an application to the Widget Catalogue in Nokia C6-01?

How to add an application to the Widget Catalogue in Nokia C6-01?

I am using a Nokia C6-01 and i want to add an application to the widget catalog i have bought this phone two days back and t5hats why i am still learning the settings but i am not getting an idea to add an app to the Widget Catalog.I am able to very well able to see the Applications folder but i am not able to see the Widget Catalog folder in order to add the shortcut in it.Is there any one who have an idea about it and can help me out because i don't even know whether i am doing the right way or not.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to add an application to the Widget Catalogue in Nokia C6-01?

You need to use the shortcut widget which is used for adding shortcuts and may be that is the only way by which you can add your shortcuts to your home screen.The Shortcuts are different from the widgets they are used for adding application shortcuts.The Widgets are use4d to display the active contents from the web as well as from the phone to the web and it can also be used as a application shortcut.Hope that helps

Even i was not able to add any application to the widget catalog but then later i had figured it out that it can be done using the shortcut widget where you have to first select a widget in order to add other widget in the widget catalog but here the problem i am facing now that there are four shortcuts and i am willing to have onl one.any helping suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

You can also try the "vacuum app" it is basically a sis file after you have installed it and this will show a completely transparent icon and when you click on it does not get affected So you can just add a 'vacuum app" three times and then you will be able to have only one shortcut in your shortcut bar.Just try this out and it will surely help you out.I have done the same thing using the vacuum app.