Thread: Proximity sensor threshold too close in Nokia N8

Proximity sensor threshold too close in Nokia N8

The display comes on way too easily during call and it's easy to by mistake end the call with your cheek

I now try calling my phone to examine it out and it look the proximity sensor turns the screen on way too simple imo you contain to be similar to no additional than half a centimeter away from it in perform this pretty much means you have to hold it next to your head for the display to stay off, or else you'll rapidly be ending the call with your cheek

Is there a way to regulate the proximity sensor i couldn't find no matter which in the options

Re: Proximity sensor threshold too close in Nokia N8

i can't believe of a state of affairs wherever you'd desire the screen to turn on previous to anything like 5-10cm having the threshold so low makes it much easier to by chance end the call with your cheek, while giving no upside that i can see versus a higher threshold

I have the same opinion, why not set at 20 mm Atleast, I tend to carry the wireless sensor 5-10mm ear.so strange and Convenient, is calibrated to 1 cm, but very little distance for me, for what wiil be perfect if Nokia set this option to 2 to 2.5 cm in the next firmware update. And I have to say, not my problem, many people in Russia have 10cm why? is designed to stop touching it accidentally during a call.

if you want to see the screen while the phone is held 10 cm away from your face, you're doing incorrect

I was giving an instance of an accounted - I would be happy with 2 or 3 cm which is very easy to modify from one moment her head now, when looking at the clock or whatever

Also, with the sensor that is where you can hold the phone near your ear more often than not with the proximity sensor looking at the back the ear cartilage to the base of your neck 1 cm away from the phone

Well I can say this is the majority important obstacle of the N8 and the first issue Nokia should resolve I accidently end calls 3 or 4 times a day what really seems to be a problem for some people. I in my opinion have lot trouble with the N8, because there is almost always lost calls. Its seems to have the phone than me, but I can not say how.

I do not have an N8 so can be wrong.. But still can not appreciate how this might be achievable.. I by no means faced any such dilemma on my Nokia 5800xm with now about 1 cm thresh hold.. Because usually the phone is held touching the ear and the minor end away from the cheek.. If it is held this way.. Even if the threshhold is less than 5 mm the proximity sensor be supposed to work and no such issue. If you hold the phone the additional way.. i.e. somewhat away from the ear and lower end moving the cheek.. Then you will face this difficulty

The sensor is in the top right of the screen and If you hold the phone with his right hand in a method that the sensor is underneath the lower end of the atrium that may depend on the nature of the ear, where the listening position of the highest quality audio the sensor could be more than 1 cm away from his neck.

It would have be a superior judgment to place the sensor in the middle right near the speaker.

I'm not influenced by this problem, my ear is intended "N8-compatible", but can reason the difficulty.

Hardware failure of design, not think you can add to the distance threshold software.

There are a lot of thread related to your problem all you need to do is Google it around the 5800xm has a resistive display, so you'd practically have to strike your face with the phone to finish the call with a capacitive display it doesn't acquire much