Thread: What does "E-mail key settings" do in Nokia E72

What does "E-mail key settings" do in Nokia E72

Hey guy I have recently bought Nokia E72 and was see the setting I notice below Settings and then General, there is an option which says "E-mail key settings “and there is a only setting "E-mail key" with the two alternative which is Default setting or Yahoo Mail. Is there a straight shortcut key to open e-mail, which I was not able to see on the manual ? can anyone make clear this I would be glad to know this

Re: What does "E-mail key settings" do in Nokia E72

I think you are not attribute to "E-mail key" with envelope icon which is present on the right of Navi key on which pressing for a short time opens default mailbox and pressing for more than a few seconds creates new E-mail?

And incase of you having additional mailboxes it would also be listed to select from at the time you open E-mail key settings

Its not rocket science it just simply opens "Messaging" which contain SMS and Email. If you press this key it opens a "Message Reader" which "reads" the first email

I have problem with my "Email Key Settings" on my E73 as its doesn't work properly , but I probable didn't become aware of as it falls at the last part of the listing. The way that I make it work it is

First go to setting then General then to Personalization in there One-Touch Keys on it Messaging Key set it to "Email", "Email Key Settings" demonstrate the describe mailbox but there is also two criteria for this which are
    • The Nokia Email client isn't previously operation which means not in the "Open Apps" list
    • You observation the mailbox contents and left the mailbox screen display you pushed the Home key to navigate away instead of Back

or else it start Nokia Email's default GUI, that display with the icons. however if you have several mailboxes and configure a key for "Messaging New e-mail", it appear to work one time and after that put away the Email One-Touch alternative until later a reboot My phone does the similar thing when creating a new email throughout Voice Commands, so there would appear to be a link perhaps best way to put Long Press to Messaging or New SMS. I might check it more tomorrow.

Reviewing from the supplementary explanation, "Email Key Settings" works correctly on a few phones. If you'd like to trial, I am probing if you get the similar outcome. however I am uncertain currently it will ever be fixed.

in fact what I've establish that would possibly occur on my phone is as follow

• push the "Messaging" key for some long time to open "Email" at beginning its gave an email New Message prompt where I can type in a new message.
    • If I repeat this I then get effectively the email setup screen with Yahoo! listed as an option.

strangely if I entered "Email" from my "Home Screen" by means of one of the shortcut icons, I for all time get second one

I have notice if I put an input intended for "New Email" with merely single mailbox my E73 do not perform similar to E5. I observe the New Message editor, and whether I continue to keep that screen visible or navigate away, pressing “New Email “once more pops the editor front. in reality if I navigate away and Short Press "Email", the editor display still pops front as that's the Email client's present state If you have the 071.xxx firmware, perhaps that's a dissimilarity connecting your 3.13.0 client and my 3.09.0 edition I can't create "Email Setup" become evident without clearly configuring a key for it.