Thread: Ending a call in Nokia N8

Ending a call in Nokia N8

I am using Nokia N8 and I recently installed Symbian Anna in it. Now I am noticing a strange thing in it. When a call is ended by the caller on the other part, or even by me then instead of going to the caller screen, it unswervingly goes to the home screen. And on when I get the home screen then I see a small red icon for ending the call. When I press that icon then it goes to the call menu and then there I see the end call button, if I press that button then the call gets end. Is it necessary to follow this whole long procedure to end the call? Is it a bug or it is the new way of functioning? Please, reply.

Re: Ending a call in Nokia N8

I am also using Nokia N8, and I am also experiencing the same thing after updating to Anna. It feels quite irritating and especially when it manifests in conjunction with the screen blackout problem. Because of this issue, I have to perform number of actions, just to end a normal call. It is quite frustrating. I think it is a bug. Therefore, if anyone has any fix to overcome this problem, then please reply.

The same thing is with my Nokia N8 also, after updating to Symbian Anna. Because, the Nokia N8 doesn’t have the red call end button in it, therefore we have to do all the actions to end a normal call. It is really stupidest thing to do. I hope Nokia fixes this soon, because it is really irritating to manually terminate each phone call.

I don't it as a bug. I am also using Nokia N8 and have updated to Symbian Anna. And I also see that small red icon on the home screen after disconnecting a call. But, it is not necessary to press that button to end the call, because, after a few seconds it automatically disappears from there and your call get terminated automatically. And hence you don’t have to go back to the call interface to end the call. So, if you feel it annoying then just don’t press that red icon on the home screen and let it disappear automatically.

It is really a bug, because the person who is on other side of call can listen what we are talking if they have not closed the line. And also, it is not always a red icon on the home screen. Sometimes I see a green icon close to Wi-Fi connection indicator, instead of that red icon. It seems like the process of calling goes in the background mode and therefore we need to perform series of action just to end a call every time.

I am not able to understand about what you all are complaining about, when you have ended the call then it is obvious that your call has been ended and if the person on other side has ended the call then also your call will be terminated automatically. So, why you all require to return back to the dialer screen?

Yes, it is obvious in all the cases, but in our case all whenever I complete my call I see just the home screen and the call goes in the background mode and if the other party has not disconnected the call then the call remains active and he can here the entire thing that we are talking here, and we will also not be able to receive other calls. So, to terminate the call we must have to press that red icon to go back to the dialer screen if we want to terminate the calling process. Before updating to the Symbian Anna, I was able to disconnect the call directly, but now it is really annoying that now we have to press something on the home screen to go back to the dialer screen to end each and every call.

Yes, that is true. They should really get back the old style to end the call in Symbian Anna. And I heard recently that the leaked version of Symbian Belle also has the same method to end the call. Nokia should really realize that it irritates the users of their phone when they implement such features.

I recently tested this on my Nokia N8 after updating to Symbian Anna. I found that if I don’t disconnect the call then it remains on the caller screen and when I end the call then it goes immediately to the main screen. But, that is not anything to worry about as if you get the homescreen then make sure that the person on the next side disconnects the phone and then you can become stress-free after that.