Thread: Will Alienware M15x laptop support the 3D vision?

Will Alienware M15x laptop support the 3D vision?

Recently I have bought the new Alienware M15x laptop and this is having the amnalienware addition monitor that can do 120 hz. I bought thius laptop in the hope that this will support the 3D vision.
    this is having the Graphic card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT240M. but I an having the problem while I am tying to see the 3D vision on it. And the tech support person are also saying that this will not give support to the 3D display for video and still 3d images. I want to know that is this is true? If not then can anyone suggest me that how I can make it possible to see the 3D vision on it.

Re: Will Alienware M15x laptop support the 3D vision?

Here I am telling also this thing that alienware m15x and m17x doesn't have a Dual-Link-DVI Connector so this will not support the 3D vision as you want. And also I am sure that HDMI cause there are missing the additional data-wires. So I can say that your laptop will not give you the 3D view. Try to get the other one instead of that.

Hey friend, thanks for telling me this thing. Let me tell you that it is having the display port and here I can say that DisplayPort connection is capable of supporting HDMI/DVI signals. But still I know that on the construction of active DisplayPort-to-VGA, DisplayPort-to-SVIDEO/Composite/Other it ios having so many of the issues. So here I can say that my laptop is having so many limitation on while trying to play the 3D video or images.

In this case I don’t know that Display-Port-Connector is Dual-Link capable, I think that this thing will be really very interesting if this will help with an adapter.

Ok, now I came ot know that my laptop is not capable to doing so. Here I would like to know that did you try the 3D vision kit? I am also having the XPS M1730 laptop with GeForce 9800m SLI and in this laptop only I am having this type if the problem. So please if you had try with the try the 3D vision kit then please suggest me the way that how did you dothat thing.

Here first tell you that, XPS 1730 has a single Dual-Link DVI so it can drive an external 120Hz LCD even at Full HD resolution so here I think that you can try with this one and here I am sure that you will not get any type of the problem. Try with that and report us back over here.

Hey thanks for suggesting me that my XPS 1730 is capable to support the 3D vision. I was thinking that it will not support this type of the vision bur after reading your suggestion I have got the confidence that this will help me to do so. Here, I will report you back for the same thing and here if I get any of the problem then I will again ask you at the same forums. But here I would like to say thanks to you.

friends I am having the nVidia: Dual 9800M GT and I am also facing this type of the problem and for that think I have also reported to the Nvidia but they are saying that those cards are 'not supported', but here I am not satisfied with their reply. Because I have read on so many forums that they also having this card and they are running so good. Does anyone also using this card and they are not getting any error? If so then please reply me back.

Dude, thanks for suggesting me that my Dell XPS M1730 will support the 3D vision or not. In that laptop I am also using the nVidia: Dual 9800M GT for that reason only I was thinking that it will support the 3D vision or not. After reading your suggestion here I came to know that it will support the 3D vision and here I would like to say thanks to all of you for discussing on this topic for me. Your discussion really helped me in my case. With the help of your suggestion now I came to know that my other Alienware M15x laptop will not support the 3D vision and for that now I have decided to replace this one.