Thread: Need help: installing Corsair memory(2GB) in Dell Inspiron Mini 1012.

Need help: installing Corsair memory(2GB) in Dell Inspiron Mini 1012.

Hey all, I am searching for the Corsair memory(2GB) for my Dell Inspiron Mini 1012. But when I bought this memory then at that time I can see that in the list Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 is not listed over there. So I am here to know that will this Corsair memory will work in my case, please if any of you is having the suggestion on this then pleas report me on this forums. I am not able to do so because when I am trying to do so at that time Dell shows memory is DDR2 800 (PC2-6400) MHz 2GB but in the list part numbers as: Mfg: SNPTX760C/2G and Dell part: A3518854. So what can I do now in this case?

Re: Need help: installing Corsair memory(2GB) in Dell Inspiron Mini 1012.

In this case I think that Corsair Valueselect Vs2gsds667d2 will be the correct part for this. So here you will need to first go to bought this one and then try with your system and see that the list includes your Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 or not. I am sure that this will work in your case. I am sure about this because I am also having this Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 laptop and in that I am using Corsair Valueselect Vs2gsds667d2, and also this is working very nice in my case also.

Here, I had tried with this memory and also I am confirm that the VS2GSDS667D2 2GB DDR2 667MHz memory module from the Corsair is not working with the my Dell 1012. When I was trying with this one at that time I noticed that after the installation of this memory, my laptop does nothing, when I am trying to start the laptop at that time also it does the nothing but I can hear that my hard drive is spinning up. For resolving that problem I take the original Samsung 1GB and when I installed this one in my system then all things came back to the normal mode. Here I would like to know that is anyone that is having the 2GB Corsair memory module that is working fine, if so then please reply me back.

In this case I think that you will need to force the BIOS for the reset before it will see the new memory, but before that I can say that you should update the Notebook BIOS before you start. But here I would like to suggest you that when you are trying with the reset at time use the A/C Adapter not use the battery. And also at that time you will need to remove all the memory form the system and then try with the reset.

For that reason I would like to suggest you about that what can you use in your Dell Inspiron 1012, amd the details are given as:
    • Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)
    • Maximum Memory: 2GB
    • Slots: 1
    • and also Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2GB per slot.

I think that for that reason try to search on the net or try to get the information from the Dell that what type of the memory does it support and I am sure that they will help you in this case also.

When you are trying with that at time this will beep or blink for no memory detected and at that turn it off by removing the power directly. And after that you will need to install just one module in the first slot and turn it back on to check if you can get to the BIOS setup and load setup defaults. Hope that this will work really in your case.

Hey I tried with the suggestion to install Corsair memory(2GB) in my Dell Inspiron Mini 1012. But still I am having same problem that my system is not working and I am sure that there are problem in the installation only because except this all thing are working properly and I am sure that you will tell me the proper steps for the installing the new memory in the system. Here I would like to request to all of you for giving me the steps that all will help me to install the new memory in my system. And also thanks for suggesting me in the above post.