Thread: Need help: 8GB Memory Upgrade in ASUS G50VT

Need help: 8GB Memory Upgrade in ASUS G50VT

Recently I have bought the new ASUS G50VT for my use and it have 4GB of memory (2x2GB) in it. But here I want to install the 2x4GB memory in it and for that reason I have also contacted with the ASUS the and they told me that I can do that, but they are also not sure about this thing. So I am here to know that is anyone is having any idea about this that I can do this thing or not? And also my laptop is having Nanya PC2-6400s-666 memory. Please suggest me in this case also.

Re: Need help: 8GB Memory Upgrade in ASUS G50VT

I think that for that thing you will need to find on the ASUS support site or on their official site for that and I am sure that they will provide you the actual information for installing the right 2*4 GB of the RAM memory in your system. I am telling you this thing because I think that they are only who know more about their product and they will surely give you the right information about their product to you.

Hey friends, thanks for suggest me to ask the same thing on the ASUS support but there they are only telling me that I can upgrade up to 4gb, and also they are not telling that which type of the product will support this thing to my ASUS G50VT 8GB, so if you are having any good suggestion about this then please suggest me back for the same.

According to your suggestion I have tried with the checking with the ASUS, and also there I can see that there are some users who are telling that they have resolve this problem but they have no description about this that they how done this thing. I am thinking for doing the latest update to my notebook in the hope that this update will make my ASUS notebook to work properly with the 8 GB of the memory. So if anyone of you is thinking that this will help me or not then please suggest me back for this thing. And also suggest me if anyone have already done this thing with your ASUS notebook.

Here, I was also thinking to upgrade my ASUS G50VT memory to the 8 GB and for that reason I was searching in the so many of the forums. And finally I got the proper suggestion here. According to the suggestion which are suggest on this forum I tired and now I am able to upgrade my ASUS G50VT memory. So I would like to say thanks to all of you for suggesting me the right suggestion.