Thread: Nokia N8: How to disable Screen/Key lock?

Nokia N8: How to disable Screen/Key lock?

Hi all, I am having the new Nokia N8 and I am really very happy with this phone. The touch speed is very nice and also there are so many other application which will help me a lot. But I am here to know that is there are any application or is there is any way that will help me to disable "Screen/key lock" in my Nokia N8 phone? If any of you having suggestion about this then please suggest me back.

Re: Nokia N8: How to disable Screen/Key lock?

I don’t think that there are any way to do so, but here you can increase the lock time. For that you will need to do the setting as Settings>Phone>Display Screen/keylock tine-out. According to me there are max 30 minutes but here also I would like to inform you that increasing this will reduce battery life. Now it’s up to you that what decision you are going to take in your case. I hope that this will help in your case.

Hey, I don’t think that there is any way for doing so as suggested in the previous reply. I am also using the Nokia N8 and I can say that there is no any setting on the system for doing this thing. Here I would like to say you that there are other application which will help you for the achieve what you want. For that reason only I am using the Le Countdown application. Le Countdown application helps me to enable the screen even when this is running in the background but this consumes so much of the battery life. I am suggesting you this one because I also want to enable my screen and there is no setting in the phone that will help me to do this so here I am using this thing for doing this. Try with that and hope that this will help in your case.

For the same, I have also tried with checking the setting in the system but after that I came to know that there is no any setting in the system that will help me to do so. After searching on the net, I found that there are application that will help me to do so. For that, I have downloaded one out of them. I am using Lights On application for doing this. Lights On helps to keep the screen on while charging and also I am happy with this one. I would like to suggest you the same. But here, let me tell you that this application does cost.

Thanks for telling me that there is no way that will help me to change the setting for the Screen/Key lock. Now I will go through the application with are mention above for helping me in this case, and if I will get any difficulties then I will report here back.