Thread: Nokia N8: after updating to Symbian Anna, error message appears.

Nokia N8: after updating to Symbian Anna, error message appears.

Hey hi all, I am here to know that is there is anyone who Is having the issue on the Nokia startup after updating it to the Symbian Anna? Because I am having this type of the problem, the problem is that after the update, every time when my phone started or rebooted, I give the error message that is "Phone Setup: Feature Not Supported". What does it means? And also I want to know that what can I do now for the resolving this type of the problem? Please help me in this case.

Re: Nokia N8: after updating to Symbian Anna, error message appears.

In this case I will suggest you for downgrading from Symbian Anna to the previous OS version. I am telling you this thing because I was also having this type of the problem and after the upgrade, I can see that I am having many other types of the bugs related to this upgrade. For resolving this problem I have also tried with the hard reset but still it was also of no use. In your case also I will suggest you for the downgrade your OS to the previous version. And I hope that this will help in your case.

I am having this phone from the last few months and also I was very happy with this phone, and for that reason only I hate when this type of anything happens with my phone. So here, according to your suggestion I have also tried with the reinstalling the update, but this also doesn’t worked in my case. Any other solution please.

Here let me tell you that, Anna update is in two parts. And here before the update make sure that you are going with the correct update for your system. In your case I would like to suggest you to update with the Anna part 2. I am sure that this will help to resolve this type of the problem. I am suggesting you for that because after the reboot your phone gives the error that is "Phone Setup: Feature Not Supported", and this type of the message appears only when the feature is not supported by the phone. So here try with the part 2 Anna update and report me back. Hope that this will help in your case.

Yes, I also got the same problem. After the new upgrade I find that I have missed some theme and another application from my system. And also after this update I find that my Nokia photo browser is not working in the portable mode. But here also I can say that, Symbians Anna is too good, while operating this I enjoy it a lot. And also I can say that this is faster than the previous version of the Symbians OS. And here I hope that Nokia will solve all this type of the bugs soon. And here i8 would like to request to all of you that if anyone is having solution on this then please suggest me back on the same forums. i am also trying with searching on the internet but this is also of no use, and if i get any suggestion over there then i will report you back over here.

In this case I will suggest you for the periodically keep trying on the servers for the Virgin Media Player app for Nokia N8. I am sure over here that you will get the update later. I was also having this type of the problem and except this I was not having any other problem over here. And for resolving this tried with the above suggestion which I had mention to you. Still I am having some problem related to this and for getting the proper suggestion I came to this forums. And also I have tried with the update with the Ovi store only and it did not say that there are two parts for this update. But here I can say that the size of the update file was 253 MB and it showed it was updating applications too. Can you please suggest me also what to do in this situation?

Ok, for that I will suggest you that after the update is finished, go to Menu > applications> SW updates then install Anna 1/2 and Anna2/2 and I am sure that this will resolve you problem. Try with this and then reply me back about the results.

I tried with that, after update I checked the Menu > applications> SW updates then install Anna 1/2 and Anna2/2 but there I have no option for doing this, and this thing I have downloaded form the Ovi Suite. For resolving this type of the problem I have also tried with the Ovi Suite or the phone, but at that time it tells that my software is up to date. For that I have also reinstalled my software but still I am having the same problem. And after this update I noticed that my at start up that when I switch to my second home screen, it takes a while to load up the icons and also this thing is not happens with my previous version. Any other suggestion in this case? Still I am facing the same problem.

I can say that I am also having the same problem and the suggestion posted here is not helping In my case. And also I never did have a two-part update Anna 1/2 and Ann 2/2. So now I have decided to downgrade from the Anna and switch back to the previous version. Still when I reboot my phone or reset my phone I can say here that I am still getting the message that is get "Phone Setup: Feature Not Supported" but thanks for giving me the suggestion about this .

I followed the steps which are given over here and with the help of them now I am able to resolve my problem which I was getting after the new update to the Symbian Anna. Thanks for suggesting that.