Thread: Some keys are not working in my Nokia 6220 Classic

Some keys are not working in my Nokia 6220 Classic

I bought Nokia 6220 Classic last month and now I have got really a serious problem with this phone. Some keys of the keypad are not working properly. The first key that I got problem with was 7 key. When I pressed this key several times but nothing was coming then I pressed it with little more power several times and then finally the number got displayed. After some days other keys also started behaving like this, like first key 1, then 4 then * and now almost all of them are not working properly in my phone. Is there anyone else who has got the same problem and then successfully fixed that? If any of you have any suggestion to fix this then please reply.

Re: Some keys are not working in my Nokia 6220 Classic

I am also using Nokia 6220 Classic. I am also experiencing the same symptoms with my phone. Sometimes keys 1,4 and 7 doesn’t work when I press them, though sometimes they again start working automatically. If anyone has any solution for this, then please reply.

I am also stuck at the same situation and it have made my phone just useless, because I am not able to dial any number and I am not able to enter even the password and therefore I am not able use any feature of my phone. Please, suggest any solution for this. It is really very urgent.

If you want then you can try reformatting your Nokia 6220 Classic. For that you have to dial*#7370#, it will ask you security code which by default is 12345. And if you are getting the same problem then also then I will have to say that it is a hardware issue and it cannot be solved by even formatting, resetting or any software operations.

Actually I never had re-formatted this phone till now. Therefore, I want to ask that do I will need to be on home screen to do this. And also as my keypad is not working how will I be able to enter the password or the *#7370# keys. So, I don’t think that should be a working solution for this situation. Please, suggest any other solution. Or I should consider that this phone is now of no use and it is better to throw this phone to a dustbin.

I am sure that the reason behind your problem is due to hardware. Therefore, it will be recommended me that take your phone to Nokia care centre, because if it is a hardware issue then they can replace your hardware or they can even fix it, and that also for free of cost if your phone is under warranty period. And as you said you bought it in the last month only, it is for sure that your phone is under warranty period.

In my case, unfortunately I have lost my proof of purchase of this phone, and therefore, I can’t go to the Nokia Care. And so, there is no use of being my phone in warranty period. I had used many Nokia phones before it, but I never got such issue in those phones.

Once, my friend was also stuck in the same situation with his Nokia 6220 Classic. All the keys of left side in his phone’s keypad were not working. Then finally he replaced his phone’s keypad by another keypad for this phone by china which was not so expensive. And, now all the keys of the keypad of his phone’s are working really fine. Therefore, you can also try replacing your keypad with any of the cheap keypad which is easily available in market. I hope this helps to resolve your problem.

Thanks for sharing that solution with us. But, as I have not replaced any part of my mobile before this and I am completely new to it, therefore, I want to ask some question about the replacement of keypad to solve this issue. Do I need replace the membrane also which I behind the keypad, along with the keypad or will I have to replace any one of them. Please, reply, as I am bit confused about which part of this I should order. I think I have to do a replacement as it is very difficult to use this phone if 1, 4, 7 and * keys are not working. Please reply.

I will suggest you to don’t try to fix this by yourself, because it is a hardware issue and if you don’t have enough knowledge about it then it is recommended that you should leave it to Nokia only or you as they can fix it securely. Or you can also take your phone to any mobile hardware expert, who is capable of solving such issues.