Thread: After 1.1 update Nokia N8 is not able to install Ovi Store

After 1.1 update Nokia N8 is not able to install Ovi Store

I am using Nokia N8 now and finally I updated the software of this phone to 1.1. But, now after updating it I am not able to start Ovi Store. When it is installing then it shows “unable to install”. I tried it many times but every time I get the same thing only. After reinstalling the software four times, I also tried by removing the memory card, but none of these are working. Now, I am tired of trying these things. So, I think I will need someone’s help now. If anyone knows have I can solve this problem then please reply. The version of the Ovi Store installer is 2.04(41). Please, reply.

Re: After 1.1 update Nokia N8 is not able to install Ovi Store

I have the same problem after updating my Nokia N8 software to 1.1. I am not able to install my Ovi store. I tried many times but every time I am failing to install it. So, please provide me any working solution for this problem.

Have you tried doing hard reset your Nokia N8? I also had the same problem after 1.1 update, but I successfully recovered my Ovi Store when I did a hard reset of my Nokia N8. What I actually did is I formatted my memory card and then I did hard reset by dialing *#7370# when it completed with hard reset then I went to menu and then in software updates and there in the list I saw Ovi Store and then I just checked it and then I didn’t got any problem in installing Ovi Store. I think you should also try this, because it worked for my Nokia N8. I hope it works for you also.

Thanks for replying with that solution, but unluckily, it didn’t work for me. I did exactly what you said. I formatted my mass memory and did the hard reset with *#7370#. Do you have any other working solution which I can try?

I had the same problem once with my Nokia N8 and here is how I resolved that problem. Before doing a hard reset you should do a 3-button reset that you can do by following the bellow steps.
    First turn off your Nokia N8 by pressing the power button until your phone shakes 3 times.
    Then press and hold down “Volume Down” + “Camera Key” + “Menu Key”
    And while you are holding all the 3 keys, at the same time press the power button. Then after some time it will start resetting your phone.
    Once this is done completely then format your mass memory and do a hard reset by dialing *#7370#. Then you phone will restart and after that just go to programs menu and start the phone update. This time you will be able to restore your Ovi Store. I am sure that it will work for your phone also.

Thanks for providing that solution. I was really got tired of trying various things. After doing 3-button reset and then formatting mass memory and then doing a hard reset by *#7370# when I went to “software updates” then there was Ovi store listed in the list, and then I successfully installed the Ovi Store. Now, I can use Ovi Store on my Nokia N8.

I also had some problem after doing 1.1 update in my Nokia N8. I was not missing with Ovi Store, Ovi Maps, Social Networks and even the Nokia Internet radio. But when I found this thread and tried this solution everything including Ovi Store, Ovi Maps, Nokia Internet Radio and Social Networks got installed successfully in my Nokia N8. Hence, this solution really worked for me. Thanks for sharing this solution.