Thread: Unable to use facebook on my Nokia N8, getting error, Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities

Unable to use facebook on my Nokia N8, getting error, Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities

I am using Nokia N8 now and I am having problem with using facebook in this phone. Therefore I thought I should share this problem here so that I can get a working solution for it. I am not able use Facebook on it, because it is giving me an error message saying "Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities". I tried many things like I restarted my phone, I even re-installed a sis file but then also I am getting the same error message. Please, suggest me any fix for this issue.

Re: Unable to use facebook on my Nokia N8, getting error, Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities

I am also using Nokia N8, and I am getting the same error message when I try to use facebook in my Nokia N8. And in addition to that the battery monitor is also not working properly, it always shows as it is analyzing. I am searching for a solution for this problem from last two days. I tried many things but none of them worked. So, if anyone has the same problem and got a fix for it, then please share it with me.

Re: Unable to use facebook on my Nokia N8, getting error, Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities

I think you should do a hard reset of your Nokia N8. You can do that by dialing *#7370#. Your phone will automatically restart after this and then I think your problem will get resolved. If you are still getting the problem even after a hard reset then reply here again.

I also have the same problem with my Nokia N8. I am also searching for a solution for this but didn’t have a working solution till now. I tried doing hard reset, and reinstalled all the things. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall social with Ovi then also I am getting the same error message. Is there anything left that I should try? I am really very disappointed as I am constantly getting issues with this phone one by one. Please, suggest me something so that my all issues get resolved.

Actually I have found that many users of Nokia N8 are experiencing the same issue. I think Nokia should really address this issue. And if anyone gets any solution for this issue then please spread it by sharing that solution here.

I think the reason behind your problem is the Battery Monitor. I think you should try removing Battery monitor from your Nokia N8 and then I think Social should start working perfectly again. Actually, I am also using Nokia N8 and I don’t have any problem with the Social. I have already removed Battery Monitor because I was noticing that because of that my battery was draining a lot quicker than it was supposed to and also it was giving erroneous readings. I think if it is creating a problem in your phone then you should really remove it from your phone and see if Social starts working perfectly again or not. I hope it works for you.

I recently started using Nokia E7 and it is my first Symbian phone. I am also getting the same error that is, "Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities". I was not expecting such issues to come in this phone. And also my friend is using Nokia C7 and he is also not able to use Facebook and he is also getting the same error message. Any of you have got any solution for this yet? If you have got any fix for this issue then please share it with me.

I think this is the problem with many Nokia phones and therefore I will suggest you to contact with Nokia and tell them about this problem. I think they can suggest you a working solution for this issue.

I am using Nokia N8 and I am also not able to use the Social widget. I am also getting the script error "Sorry please uninstall and reinstall communities". I did uninstall and reinstall the social, but the same script error again. My battery monitor has also stuck and it always shows analyzing. As mentioned in one of the above solution I even uninstalled the Battery Monitor but I am still getting the same error message. Finally I contacted with Nokia and told them about this. they told me to uninstall, reinstall and restore, I did all that they said but that didn’t helped at all. Hence, now I have Nokia N8, but I am not able to use even the Social widget, I was really not expecting this from this phone. It has been just one month that I have bought this phone. Though, I can use facebook if I download it from internet and store it in apps, but as you know it will not set a widget on the Home Screen of my phone. Please , suggest any fix for this issue.

Finally I have got a solution for this issue. Just try connecting your Nokia N8 with the Ovi Sute then open up updates page and there you can find an update for Social. When you have opened up Ovi Suit then on the top you can see a row of icons, there on the left most side you will see a little box which will have an arrow on it. It is the update icon. There you can find update for “Social”. It worked for me. I hope it works for you also.