Thread: Forget the Lock Code how to reset My Nokia N900

Forget the Lock Code how to reset My Nokia N900

Hi guys

Have bought this phone recently and was playing with the phone security system and unfortunately I have activated my phone lock code and unable to I am not remember its lock code, and I don’t know what should I do so anyone here can guide me trough how I can reset my phone please guys I need help on this as it been almost 5 hours I am unable to use my phone so can anyone help me regarding this I would be really appreciating this really I need to flash this phone

Thanks in advance

Re: Forget the Lock Code how to reset My Nokia N900

Can you explain that whether you actually changed the phone code if not try 12345 it’s the default code try it to unlock the phone in this way you will be able to save from the flashing the phone

I agree with the above post as If you did not changed the code then try the 12345 to log back on the phone and if you modify it from the standard code, take it to somebody who be familiar with how to unlock phones..That technique you won't have to flash it

Unfortunately I have actually changed the code so I really need help on this

When you should not have played with your phone security that stuff is not worth playing now see what you have done the only possible solution I can see is you can now have to go to nearest Nokia Care Centre in your area for further assistance that is the only ways I can see right now just don’t forget to carry you phone document. I think as you have bought the phone recently it would be added advantage .

I don’t exactly remember the site name now but you can always Google it and in that you will able to get the unique unlock code for your Nokia N900 and follows the following processes

• Turn on your Nokia N900 with no sim card.
    • Now type #pw+CODE+1#
    • And you will get this message SIM Restriction Off and will be unlocked!

And for the phones locked to the network Fido or Rogers in Canada check these information
    Fallows same as mention above just type this code #pw+CODE+7#

How to type the code
    1. Press * for three times quickly letter “P”
    2. Press * for four times quickly letter “W”
    3. Press * for two times quickly letter “+”
    4. And the code is that which available on the site

There are lots of model available on the Unlocking Guide for Nokia Phone check that link just click here

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I don’t exactly remember the site name now but you can always Google it and in that you will able to get the unique unlock code for your Nokia N900 and follows the following processes

• Turn on your Nokia N900 with no sim card.
    • Now type #pw+CODE+1#
    • And you will get this message SIM Restriction Off and will be unlocked!

And for the phones locked to the network Fido or Rogers in Canada check these information
    Fallows same as mention above just type this code #pw+CODE+7#

How to type the code
    1. Press * for three times quickly letter “P”
    2. Press * for four times quickly letter “W”
    3. Press * for two times quickly letter “+”
    4. And the code is that which available on the site
    Cant find the site that you are mentioning can you please give us a url it would be lot convenient I really want to flash my mobile phone please help me on this I would be very glad how can I get CODE

i am following this code but my dial pad not sopporting to press "W" but other code like + and P are showing and one more problem is what i have to write in code area, have i to write like this: #pw+12345+1 or please suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by munawar syed View Post
    i am following this code but my dial pad not sopporting to press "W" but other code like + and P are showing and one more problem is what i have to write in code area, have i to write like this: #pw+12345+1 or please suggest.
    What do you mean by you cant press "W" on your dialpad? Isnt the touchscreen responding when you try to press any numbers or letters on your mobile phone, and if other letters or numbers can be pressed then why not the "W", that weird. Anyways, you will have to use maemo flasher and usb cable to remove user code of n900. Or else use the nokia software updater software and update it again and that way the password will get reset.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

i tried to find nokia software updater software and found "cssu community" software for my nokia N900 set even i installed but fail to reset my phone password, my nokia N900 version is "20.2010.36-2.003" (RX51,nokia900) please you suggest me how i can reset my password or you give me any link or site where i can get the help.

Munawar