Thread: Unable to find “Received files” folder in my Nokia N8

Unable to find “Received files” folder in my Nokia N8

I am using Nokia N8 and initially this phone looked me very attractive, but as the time passed I started noticing many thing missing in this phone. However, yesterday I transferred some videos from my friend’s phone to my Nokia N8 via Bluetooth. But, I am not able to find any option to move those videos to E drive from inbox. I even searched in C and E drives of in file manager for the folder named “Received files” as in my previous phone there was this folder and I thought if I can find this folder then I can move it to any folder that I wish. But, I am not able to find that folder. Does anyone knows where the exactly that folder is in this phone? Please, reply.

Re: Unable to find “Received files” folder in my Nokia N8

Actually, I don’t think that such folder even exists in Nokia N8, because, I also have not seen that folder in this phone. It was in my Nokia X3-00 but it is not in Nokia N8. But, I think your main concern is to save your videos to an appropriate folder and not to find “received files” folder. And, therefore, you don’t need to find that folder as in Nokia N8 the inbox itself acts like a received files folder and you can save your videos to any folder directly by your inbox only. When you have opened any received video in inbox then just press options and then you can see there is an option to save your video, just select that and then save it to a folder. Then you can access it in your file manager also.

I am also using Nokia N8, and it has “Received files” folder in E drive. All the files that I receive from Bluetooth are stored in this folder and then I move it to the appropriate folder.

Where did you find that folder in e drive? I don’t have that folder in my Nokia N8 neither in C nor in E drive. I am using the default file manager that was provided with this phone. All the files I receive via Bluetooth are stored in inbox and when I try to save files from my inbox then I it automatically gets saved in ‘My folders’ of C drive. Before this phone I was using Nokia 6680 and in that I was able to change the path for the saving the received files. Is there any such option in Nokia N8 also? If you know that then please tell me from where and how can I set that path.

I don’t know why you are not able to find that received file folder in your Nokia N8. When anyone sends me any file via Bluetooth then they are received in my inbox but they also get stored in received files and when I delete those files from inbox then also they stay in received files. You should go to “applications -> office -> File manager -> E: Mass memory” and then there when you scroll down then you can see that “received files” folder and that folder is in c drive also. You can find that in “c:\data\recevied files\”. I hope now you will be able to find that file.

I tried searching there many times, but in my Nokia N8 there is no “received files” folder. I have bought this phone from a Nokia vendor. I am wondering, how it is in your phone and not in my phone.

In my Nokia N8 also there was not any such folder but when I got tired of searching that folder in my phone then I thought to do an experiment. Therefore, I tried creating a folder with name “received files” in E drive and then I noticed that a folder with same name got automatically created in my C drive also. And now when anyone sends me any file via Bluetooth then it gets landed in this folder as well as in inbox and even if I delete that file from inbox, it remains in this received files folder. Hence, you should also try creating a “received files” folder by yourself. It worked for me therefore I think it should work for you also.

Thanks for sharing that with us. I tried with creating a folder with name as “Received file” in E drive and really a folder with same folder got created in “c:\data\recevied files\”. And now I every file I receive from Bluetooth goes directly to this folder. So, it means it is really a working solution. Everyone should try this.