Thread: Nokia N8, Unable to log into my Nokia account

Nokia N8, Unable to log into my Nokia account

I am using Nokia N8. I have lost my social widget, therefore, I was trying to log into my facebook account by using a social app, but I am not able to log into facebook, because it was saying me that I have to first log in to my Nokia account. Therefore, I tried to log into my Nokia account but it said that the password is invalid. Then I choose forgot password so that it can send me an email to reset the password. I got the email and I reset the password, but then also when I try to log into my Nokia account then it says password is not valid. I tried it three four times but every time I getting the same result. If anyone has any idea about this then please suggest me any solution for this.

Re: Nokia N8, Unable to log into my Nokia account

You can also use socially app to use facebook and other social networks in your phone. I am also using this application and it is really an awesome application. I will suggest you to download this application, this will not say you to log into your Nokia account, and you can directly use your facebook account.

It is not always necessary that only the password you entered is wrong, the username can also be wrong, therefore check that the username that you are entering is right. You can see your username in the password reset email. I have also done the social upgrade and never had any problem in logging in. Therefore I will suggest you to check that you have entered correct username also, along with your password, and also remember that the password is case sensitive. I hope this helps you.

So, if you are not able to sign into the Social then I will suggest you to try to sing into either Store or even Maps, because they also share the similar account device sign on with Social. Try to sign into Maps or Store, and if you will be able to sign into any of both then you will automatically be signed into the Social. And then you can use all your social contacts on your phone. I hope this works in your case.

I am also using Nokia N8 and I also have the similar problem. And in my case I am able to connect to Maps and even Ovi Store and I am not having any problem in that, but the social applications link via Ovi tries to connect with my Nokia account and always fails. I didn’t changed any of the settings which is related to my Nokia account. But I am not able to log into it. I think the problem is with my phone. It is really very disappointing. I hope I can get a working solution for this issue.

In your case, I will suggest you to do a factory reset of your phone. I think if the problem is with your phone then it will fix all the related problems, and you will be able to log into your Nokia account. I hope this works for you.

I am also having near about the similar problem with my Nokia N8. Actually it is a second hand phone and it has many apps already installed in it, and I really don’t want to do a factory reset because I will lose everything in it. I am using a social networking app which is telling me to login as a previous user. I think I will have to reset the Ovi account to use this app but I am not able to find any way for doing this. I think I will have to try to uninstall and reinstall it. It really very annoying, that we cannot login with the Ovi account of our preference. If anyone has any working solution for it, then please reply.

You cannot uninstall it, because it is the part of the ROM and therefore it cannot be uninstalled from your phone. If you want to restore all the settings then you will have to do a factory reset of your Nokia N8. After that you will be able to log in with your account. Or, if you don’t want to do that then you can also try to uninstall and then reinstall the social app. I hope it resolves your problem.

Here I have a working solution for the problem which you are facing. Actually if you want to use a social networking site provided by Nokia, then you will have to enable the application platform in the facebook account, as Ovi is also included in that. Generally it is disabled to reduce spamming. To enable it you first open up your facebook account. Then go to Account and then in privacy setting look for the ‘Apps and Websites’ which you can find at the lower left corner. There just turn on all the platform apps and that is all. Now you can login to your facebook account by using any social networking client of Nokia and you will not get any error like username or password is invalid, but make sure to enter correct username and password and remember that the password is case sensitive. Try this it will work for sure. I am saying this because I was also facing the similar problem in my Nokia N8, and got this work around for it.

Thanks for sharing that solution here. Actually I was also experiencing the same problem while using this Nokia N8, and then I found this thread and tried your solution. I turned on all the platform apps and now I have resolved the issue which I was facing. It really works.