Thread: Which are the educational applications for ipad

Which are the educational applications for ipad

I have bought a ipad and i was willing to download some educational and fun application for my son,so is there any good application for children as well as some good educational applications.Any suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Which are the educational applications for ipad

I am having this application "Whiteboard HD" and my some loves to get his hand on it.This is basically a collaborative drawing application for iPhone,iPod touch,iPad and Mac as well.It has been a very popular app among all the other Applications it really provides you a real-time collaborative drawing mode to enhance your creation,you can just connect it with any iPad,iPhone,iPod touch over the Wi-Fi and let your fingers create your minds work you can also get e free version of this but i am not sure about this as i had downloaded it quite a few months back

I have some list of educational paid applications which are really good and are worth as well.They all are as followed:
    • Star Walk for iPad - interactive astronomy guide
    • MathBoard
    • math bingo
    • spellboard
    • stack the states
    • Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model
    • My Spelling Test - Create Your Own Test Now
    • Interactive Alphabet - ABC Flash Cards
    • Geo Walk HD - 3D World Fact Book
    • Montessori Crosswords - Teach And Learn Spelling With Phonics-Enabled Alphabet and 300 Words for Children
    • Telling Time - Photo Touch Game
    • Word Wagon HD - by Duck Duck Moose
    • Toddler Counting
    • Letters A to Z for the iPad from True Learning
    • Graphing Calculator HD

You can also enjoy the following free educational apps as well on your ipad:
    • Era of Dino HD Lite
    • Living Language®-Spanish for iPad
    • BrainPOP Featured Movie
    • ABC Alphabet Phonics - Preschool Kids Game Free Lite
    • Phone for Kids – All in one activity center for children HD
    • Sight Words List - Learn to Read Flash Cards & Games
    • My Math Flash Cards App
    • eTextbooks for the iPad
    • Math Puppy – Bingo Challenge Educational Game for Kids HD
    • NASA Visualization Explorer

Some more educational but paid apps are Flashcards+ – Connor Zwick,Blackboard Mobile™ Learn for iPhone – Blackboard Inc,Free Graphing Calculator – William Jockusch,Phone for Kids – All in one activity center for children HD – Kids Games Club,FREE Spanish Tutor – 24/7 Language Learning – 24/7 TUTOR INC,SkyView Free – Explore the Universe – Terminal Eleven LLC,ABC Letter Tracing – Free Writing Practice for Preschool – Critical Matter, Inc,TED – TED Conferences,Human Anatomy – Free – Enlightened Games,Paint Sparkles Draw – my first colors HD ! – Kids Games Club,The Official SAT Question of the Day – The College Board,How to Draw (Free Lessons) – Pacific Spirit Media,ABC Phonics Animals Free Lite -Talking & Spelling Alphabet Flashcards Kids Games – Brain Counts,Flashcards* – Jeff Holliday Software,Edmodo – Edmodo,FREE French Tutor – 24/7 Language Learning – 24/7 TUTOR INC,Read Me Stories – Children's books – 8Interactive Limited,Free Spanish English Dictionary + – Ascendo Inc.

Paid educational apps:
    1. ABC Alphabet Phonics – Preschool Kids Game Free Lite – GrasshopperApps.com
    2. Math Puppy – Bingo Challenge Educational Game for Kids HD – Kids Games Club
    3. Puzzle Birds – Trinal Studio
    4. FREE Italian Tutor – 24/7 Language Learning – 24/7 TUTOR INC.
    5. Music Sparkles – All in One musical instruments collection of Sound , Vocals and Fun Entertainment HD – Kids Games Club
    6. Stories from Main Street – Smithsonian Institution
    7. Sign Language! – EverydayASL.com
    8. Old Macdonald Had a Farm – interactive children’s sing along book : HD – Kids Games Club
    9. 9/11 Memorial Guide – National September 11 Memorial & Museum
    10. Leafsnap – Columbia University, University of Maryland, and Smithsonian Institution
    11. Dictionary.com Flashcards – Dictionary.com, LLC

Small kids also like this game "Animal Feeding Fun" it is a very good game where small kids can virtually feed the animal and this game is also challenging and easy for kids as well.This game is like the kid needs ti throw the feed to the animals and the if they aim right then the animal will collect it and the animal will make sound as well and then they will earn some points.This probably starts with the common animal and as the level increases they may find different food for different animal.My daughter plays it for hours every night before she goes to sleep so if you have a small kid then he will surely love this.

Just check the "Faces iMake" as well it is a very creative kind og game previously it was not available for the ipad but now you can get this app for your kids it is a great application in order to take out their creativity by creating pictures of anything using the day to day life objects it really helps our kids to enhance their imagination they can even learn video lessons and can later try them out.I had this app last month and my son is still enjoying it.