Thread: Unable to install Nokia Social 1.3 in Nokia N8.

Unable to install Nokia Social 1.3 in Nokia N8.

I am having Nokia N8 and i have been using Social app and the widgets almost every day but today i somehow was forced to install the version 1.3 but later when i went through the installing process then i got a error message saying "Unable to Install" and now i a not able to access my social app as it appears i have to complete the installation but its just failing very time.I have already tried to downloaded it on my PC and then transfer it to my phone but i am still getting the same message.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to install Nokia Social 1.3 in Nokia N8.

You can just follow this solution.What all you have to do is just Uninstall the Social App and then Downloaded the Social 1.1 on PC and then transfer it to N8 and then install it and then reboot if you get any prompt and later place the widget on the homescreen and then open social using widget and then just enter your Facebook credentials when asked and then choose exit rather then update and then download social 1.2 on PC using and again transfer it to N8 and then install it and reboot and then again downloaded social 1.3 on PC using and install it in your phone the same way.Hope that helps.

You can try this solution as well.Just download social 1.2 and then enter the password and press OK when it prompts update available and then you will be downloading the update (1.3) and you will get a message saying "to install have to stop process" so just click on OK and then you will finish installing the 1.3.Later just auto install the widget and lastly you will get a message saying "Please sign in"Hope it was quite short and simple.Best of luck to all.

While doing this process you should make sure that you uninstall the social completely and in order to do this just go to Settings>Applications Manager>Installed Apps and then just scroll down and press and hold until you get a uninstall option and then just click on uninstall but i want to make it clear that performing this wont reinstall it from any source but your Nokia Care Center can do it very well by re flashing the firmware but by deleting all the personal data and installed applications.

I have a very simple process for this,Just follow the below solution:
    • Just Uninstall "Social" & "Social Installer" from the default Apps Manager.
    • Then Reboot.
    • And then Download "Social Apps.zip".
    • Then Extract the zip and transfer the .wgz and the .sisx using file manager to the phone.
    • Install "Social Mixer v1.02.144.wgz"
    • And finally Install "Social Networks v1.03.143.sisx" and just wait till the final pop up comes up saying successfully installed.

This had really worked for me even you all can try this out as well this might be a same kind of solution but this is quite simpler.just Uninstall the Social and then Install the version 1.1 and then just restart your phone and then Install version 1.2 and again restart the phone and then Install the version 1.3 and Restart it again and now you will get the "communities" error so don't do anything just restart your phone once again and then Install version 1.3 again and this time it will get installed.Hope it works for all of you.

I am facing the very same problem since 2 days and i have tried all the possible solution by now but nothing seems to be working for me i have also tried all the above process of uninstalling,reinstalling,rebooting and all but at lat i am still with the same problem.Actually i am very well able to install the 1.1 and 1.2 version but later fro 1.3 i am get the same message again and again saying "unable to install" i don't know why.I think i am not only the one facing this problem so far but i have not yet found a perfect solution for it as well.Any helping suggestion to sort this out will be highly appreciated.Thank you.

I had the same problem previously and i was very well able to solve it by the above method but if you say you are still not able to install 1.3 and you are very well able to install 1.2 and 1.3 then i think you have not yet uninstalled the social completely and clearly.First try to uninstall it from the above process and then properly follow the process of installing and rebooting and this should probably solve your problem and later your phone should work fine but if not then i don think there is any other possible solution for the same.

Even i have found that all the above solution are quite effective and are likely to solve this issue as well bu if you say that this is not helping you out with this and you are still unable to download Nokia Social 1.3 then i will suggest you to go to the Nokia care center and get it solved rather than cracking more solutions with a hope of solving it.