Thread: Driver for Printer in Nokia E71

Driver for Printer in Nokia E71

I have a Nokia E71 mobile, I have try to print one picture from my cell by means of printer but I was not able to print that image, so one of my friend told me that your mobile don’t have the printer drivers. So is there any such driver require to connect my Nokia E71 with the my6 ‘HP-LaserJet- printer’. So if you guys have any information regarding my issue then please provide your information, or you have any information about the available printer driver for this E 71 then suggest me, your suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Driver for Printer in Nokia E71

By default the E71 only has drivers for HP printers, however this driver helps to print Anything you want to print, if you can’t able to print then there might be some connection problems with your Nokia and with your printer, so first make the complete connection between this devices and afterward try to print the document or picture store in your Nokia E71. There are no such driver problems I think so.

As per my suggestion all though the E71 have the inbuilt driver for HP, but other printer require the other driver to be install in your system you want to connect and want to use the printer. So accordingly I can say that different printer have their own driver. So first you make sure that the driver you are using with the printer is supported by that printer or not.

Even I also have the same Nokia series i.e. Nokia E71, but I’m able to print the picture and file from this by using the generic driver which was already inbuilt in the E 71, may you don’t know the exact steps for doing this procedure. So you just follow this simple step may this will help you out to overcome your issue for that you have to first know what printer you have.
    For Win 7 boxes
    • So you first have to go On Win 7 box-Control Panel.
    • After that you have to move to Programs and Features.
    • Now you have to turn the feature ON.
    • Now go to print and document service.
    • Install LPD Print Service.

I having WinXP Pro boxes and I performed these steps in order to set the setting for your WinXP Pro boxes. So you have to go in the Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs >Add/Remove Windows Components. Now scroll down to "Other network file and print services". Now make it selected and click the "Details" button. Now select or add "Printing Services for Unix". Now again go to Control Panel and then go to User Account, make sure to that "Guest account" is turned on. And if there is no Guest account then you have to create the Guest Account.
    Now finally on E71 go to menu and then go to Office there click on the Printers and go to the Option for the printer where you have to select Add.

I know how to print the document that have the print option, so for printing such documents you have to connect with the Printer and whatever the document you want to print. You have to Open the printing option and have to select the Print. That’s simple but this only able to print the text file. However I have not try with the picture or image that is of .jpg format.

According to me you have to u7pdate your print driver since if you are using your phone to get connect with the latest printer then you should have an update version of driver to get connected. Or you have to download the driver from the official site.

I am using the PictBridge enabled printer to connect with my E71. So first you have to verify that your printer is supporting this PictBridge feature or not. Since this feature allow you to directly connect to your printer with your other device which have the source file that you want to print. If it support that PictBridge feature then it’s easy to print the documents. And if you are thinking to purchase any printer in future then check whether it is PictBridge enabled or not. This type of feature is well supported by Nokia phones like the E71.

There are already the inbuilt driver for the printer are available in the Nokia E71, however if your Mobile id not working with the printer that mean that your driver is not supported for that printer. So in order to make your mobile to connect and work with that printer you have to download the driver from the site which is supported by that printer and after that you can able to connect the printer with your mobile and print whatever you want to print.