Thread: How to switch phone memory to Mass Storage in Nokia N8

How to switch phone memory to Mass Storage in Nokia N8

Recently I have purchased the Nokia N8, It have inbuilt memory of 250MB, so that is not sufficient for storing the message or mail and other data, so I have add the external 4GB Memory card for my use, but the problems is that I don’t know how to switch this phone data in to mass storage. So if you guys have any information regarding this swapping then please help me out.

Re: How to switch phone memory to Mass Storage in Nokia N8

There is the way to change your message storage area that is you can change your message storage area so that any message come to your number get stored at that corresponding address, so for that you have to go for the message setting and there you have to change your message storage setting to the memory card. However there is no need to change the storage area for mail, since the default storage for the mail; is memory card only.

According to me there is no swapping for the sms or mms is available in N8, however this feature for changing the default location is not possible for this version of N8. But if you want to change the mail storage area then you can change it. However the default storage for the mail is memory card only so there is no need to change that setting.

There are the simple way of transferring the phone memory data or file to the mass storage, according to my experience whenever I get any files from other friends mobile by sharing that data by means of Bluetooth or infrared, I just found those data in my receive file folder, from there I move those file in to the mass storage easily.

For moving files from your phone memory to the mass storage or memory card, you have the option for move that file manually. So if you want to move any file from phone to memory card then select those file and go to option menu, there you will find the ‘move’ option. You have to select that and after ward you go to the memory card by selecting the path. And whatever you wish to place that file you can place it. This will move that selected file in to the memory card.

There is the way to transfer the phone memory data to the memory card, but I don’t have any ideas regarding the ‘sms’ , since I have not seen any of the option to move or swap the sms from phone to memory card. But however Nokia N8 have 250MB inbuilt memory that is enough to store the sms or the contacts. And if your phone memory is full then just simply delete the unwanted sms. And this issue is related to the sms and phone contacts only however ewe have the option to move the songs And videos file from the phone memory to the mass storage.

Still I have not found that my phone memory is full, because there is very few chance of having that much of sms or contacts that full the N8 inbuilt memory. So when such thing happened that is whenever your phone memory is full. You just follow to set the storage path. For example just see whether your camera image is storing where, if it is storing in the phone memory then you can change the storage property to the memory cards. And also see at what place your ‘voice recording ‘is store may be this also store in the phone memory, so you can change this also to the memory card.

For moving the phone data to memory card or mass storage is quite easy, for that you have to select the file which you want to move after selecting that file you have to click on the option menu and in that you will have option that asking for moving that file so that you have to select the memory location where you want to place that file and after getting that folder you have to press the option say move and your file will be move from phone to the memory card.