Thread: Nokia Software Updater does not recognize Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288

Nokia Software Updater does not recognize Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288

I live in Philippines and I have a nokia N8 mobile phone with product code 059B288. I was having some issues regarding the power failure in the phone so the nokia care center here told me that I need to change my motherboard. So I did that. Actually now the IMEI is new and even the product code is new. I am not able to update anything, whenever I try to do this I get negative response. The thing is that I have found that my product code is not recognized by nsu and ovi suite. I want to know that can I still get the upcoming firmware upgrade with this unrecognized product code? Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated.

Re: Nokia Software Updater does not recognize Nokia N8 Product Code - 059B288

Well firstly I would like to tell you that the firmwares are tied to product codes. Actually different regions get specific updates. I would say that if your phone is a branded one then you should wait until the operator approves the update. Operator plays the main role and he is authorized to do update stuffs. I hope you understand what I mean to say here.

Well I don’t know what is wrong here. I think that nokia is cheating on you. If the phone that you have is a branded and genuine phone then I suspect that this should not happen. I can understand that china phones are available in the market which is here to fool people. But again they have their own name, code and etc. I would say that try to search the product code of your phone again in nokia. You can check on the nokia website regarding this. I think that this something that nokia won’t like itself. If the code is not there then it is the mistake of the nokia company. I think this new will lead the company in some loss for sure. Nokia has good name in the market but things like these can lower the customer level. I think you should once contact the near nokia customer service and ask them about the scenario. I hope this helps.

I think you should not panic too much. According to me you should wait for some time. Try to connect your nokia n8 to the computer via usb and go ahead with the ovi suite application. Wait and check whether any updates are available or no. generally when you connect the ovi suite detects the phone and asks to download the latest updates available for the phone. Just try out this and I hope this helps.

I think this product code is assigned to you by the nokia only. They might be giving this product because your motherboard has been changed due to some problems. I would say that contact the customer support guys to help you out.

Well let me tell you, I had my orange UK cv Nokia N8 mobile phone. I had some problems with it and finally I had to replace the motherboard. This was done by the nokia team itself. Actually after that my product code and imei was changed. But finally when I inquired for the same, I came to know that I am having the same handset. Just the product code has changed. Till now I have been updating my phone with all small updates and have not faced any problems after the motherboard change. So I would say that you should not worry much.

I think that the software updates are not tied to the product code. It is dependent on the market actually. I also have the same product code phone but we are staying in different location. Obviously now it is like that, software update is market dependent. Right now I am not having the update ovi and social app. I am not able to see this in the software update application.

It is sad that that your product code is not recognized. I would say that still you will be able to update software’s so just relax a bit. I would say that I hope that the update is available in your region. I am also from Philippines and my product code is 059B288 and it has an update PR 1.1.

I have done a lot of research regarding this phone and different product code. I would like say the following on this issue that I know,

• I have started believing that all replacement motherboards have this product code
    • NCC is supposed to change the product code to the same as the replaced motherboard had, but for different reasons fail to do so: not properly trained engineers, procedures not documented well.

I hope this information helps.

I agree that this product code 059B288 is applicable for all the nokia n8 phones that have got a motherboard replaced or repaired. Let me tell you that somewhere behind, you will see that the original code is still applying. My 059B288 N8 which was originally ukcv orange is getting the updates at the same time as ukvc orange phones. But remember that product code 059B288 phones with different original product codes get updates at different times. So you need not worry.

Well you what, you can still get the upcoming firmware upgrade with this unrecognized product code. Actually the product is unrecognized but it is not like that the product is not right or something. The product is fine but because its motherboard is changed, the code is changed by the nokia as far as I think. I would say that try to contact the nokia care only.