Thread: Nokia C7 navigation not working properly

Nokia C7 navigation not working properly

I have a Nokia c7 and the problem now i am facing is that whenever i am trying to use the navigation i am getting an error message saying the connection is failed or the connection is unavailable.I have even tried changing some of my network settings but nothing seems to be working but it was working well previously and this problem has arise yesterday i don't have an idea that what would have went wrong.Any helping suggestion regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Nokia C7 navigation not working properly

Before i suggest you something just answer me a few question so i could get your exact problem an can help you further with this.What all i want to know is what version of Nokia map you are using on your phone and do you have and idea about the positioning methods if yes than do you8 know which positioning method is enabled in your phone and lastly are you using your maps completely offline? just check all of this out and let me know.

I have the same phone and i am kind of facing the same problem i have tried uninstalling maps and the navigation engine and have also reinstalled both and have updated them to their latest version as well but i am facing the same problem again and again.I have checked the positioning method and i have found all of them to be selected except the Bluetooth and it is because i don't use it.Is my positioning method OK or i have to change something here? any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

Your problem sounds to be weird because i don't think you have a need to change anything in your positioning method but go in to your settings>General>Network destination and make a look if you have the same access point you were willing to use or you can even try to disable the Assisted GPS as well as the WiFi and Network based this will lead you to navigate without network assistance which might slow down the positioning process but this will probably solved your problem and you wont get the same error again.This solution had worked fro me before so it should surely work for you as well.

I think there might be some problem with your access point,in order to check out which access point you are currently using then just connect your phone to the internet and then go in to settings>Connectivity>Settings>Destinations and here you will find some different categories of access point and now just click on the categories and then you will see a list of access point in under each categories here you will also have the option of moving their location and now just go back to the network destination setting in Nokia maps and just check whether the category which you want to use is matching here,If its not matching then you have to choose the category which you tend to use and then your problem will be solved.Best of luck

I have a short and working solution for the same problem.What all you have to do is to setup your access point and in order to do this just go in to Menu > settings > application settings >settings wizard > operator and then the phone will ask you for setting the destination and now you just have to select yes for all the access point and after you select it the further process will be doe automatically and you wont see the same error again.Just try this out this solution has worked for many and i am sure this will work for you too.

As far as i know just Setting Nokia Maps to Offline does not helps you to stop your phone from accessing the internet completely whenever you try to navigate instead it only stops the Nokia Maps from mapping data and searches,so in order to stop your phone from accessing the internet completely You will have to disable Positioning Methods as well but this might also may also require internet access and now in order to stop the Positioning Methods from accessing internet you will also have ton disable the Assisted GPS and the Network based as well as the WiFi in Positioning Methods.Just try all of the above and it will solve your problem.Best of luck.

I have the exact problem and i have by now tried all the possible methods to solve it out i have also tried going through the settings making sure that it is set to online by checking the destination and i have even tried the factory setting but at last i am still facing the same problem and it still gives me the message saying "connection failed". I don't know what is the main problem,is there any other solution to solve this out.Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.