Thread: Nokia N8 don’t have any search option in its music player

Nokia N8 don’t have any search option in its music player

Currently I am using Nokia N8, but I before this I was using Nokia N82. In Nokia N82, there was a search option in its music player, and with that I was able to search a song easily. But, in Nokia N8, there is no search option in its music player. And therefore we cannot search the songs from the list of songs. In my phone I have 8GB songs stored and as there is no search option, it really becomes too hard if I had to search a single song from the whole list. I hope they fix this issue when they release the next firmware update.

Re: Nokia N8 don’t have any search option in its music player

Yes, I agree with you. I also get irritated sometimes because of this. In my Nokia N8, I have around more than 3000 songs in the song list and when I want to play a particular time, then it just becomes impossible me to search one song among the 3000 songs. They should really fix this in their next firmware update.

Yes, this is really a most basic feature. And I had this in all the Nokia phones that I had before. I am not able to understand why they missed to include such an important feature. It is really bit annoying to manually search from list of songs.

I am not able to get which search option you are talking about. I am using Nokia N97 mini, I also don’t have any kind of the search option that you are looking for. Did your previous Nokia phones really had a search function included in the phone’s inbuilt music player? If it was there then they should put that function in all their phones, because that is really a very nice feature. They haven’t included that in my Nokia N97 mini.

The search function we are discussing about here was in the music player of the Nokia phone itself. In that you can search any song by just entering the alphabets just like you have see in the contacts. As this is not in our phone it becomes too difficult to find a song. If you were not going to give this search option in our phone then why did you given such huge storage capacity in our phones. If you have given the vast memory support then it is obvious that we will store too many songs in our phone and therefore the search option becomes so necessary to be included in these phones. But, they missed to include this feature in the phones like Nokia N8 also.

Yes, I also found that. The search option you are talking about is, in my brothers mobile, which is Nokia N86. And I am using Nokia N8 which is not having that feature. I used my brothers phone, and I felt that is really and awesome feature that we are missing from our phone. They should really fix this in there next firmware releases.

Yes, going through 16GB of memory just by scrolling up and down is really ridicules. It was in my Nokia N82, and it made me very comfortable with that. I think they should really make music player for this phone which includes a search option. And if they are not making then, I would like to know if there is any third party application which has this feature included in that. If anyone of you know such application then please share with us.

I think you all are not aware of it, but it has been written in the user manual that came up along with your mobile. You can really search your music folder and for that we just have to go to menu and then in applications and then search. Then just tap on the search icon after that you will be able to view all the application from which you can make searches. And there you will find music also. Just tap on it to search any music file that you want to search. I think this what you were looking for in your Nokia N8. It is there, but just bit hidden in it.

Thanks for sharing that with us, because I was not aware of it. But, actually that is not what we are looking for. The method that you told us by that we can just search one song at a time and then again open that application to search that song is bit annoying. And after playing each song you have to search another song by going in that slow searching application. It will create little irritation when we are listening music on the go. The search option we are talking about, if you have seen in real, it was inbuilt in the music player and it was really very fast. When we enter a character it was showing all the similar results immediately. And when we finish listening one song then the next song automatically plays, because we are in music player itself and even if we want to make a new search then we don’t have to go outside the music player, and somewhere in application and searching for different application to do that.