Thread: Unable to install/uninstall any application in my Nokia N8, Installer in use

Unable to install/uninstall any application in my Nokia N8, Installer in use

I bought my Nokia N8 this month only and I have got an serious issue since yesterday. I am not able to install/uninstall any application to my Nokia N8, when I try to do so then I just get an error message showing installer in use, unable to start operation. I thought this problem is since when I installed the swipe v2.0 app. So, I tried using the app.stop to kill that process but immediately again it shows as running. I tried this many time, but every time the same thing. So, I thought to take help of you people. I hope here I can find anyone who can help me to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to install/uninstall any application in my Nokia N8, Installer in use

I also had the same problem once. Here is what I did to resolve this problem. when I got this problem 4-5 times, then I switched off my phone and I restarted it, and after starting, I waited till the installer disappeared and when I completely disappeared then I tried to install the application that I wanted to install and then it got installed without any problem. I will suggest you also to try doing this, it may resolve your issue, because, it worked in my case. Hope it works for you also.

Re: Unable to install/uninstall any application in my Nokia N8, Installer in use

I already tried by restarting my phone many times but that didn’t worked for me. Even after restarting my phone, the installer was running as a back ground process. And therefore I am still not able to install/uninstall any app, because of the same reason, that is, installer in use. Therefore, I don’t think that will work time. Is there anything else that I should try to do? If you know anything, then please tell me. I will try doing that also.

Yes, try after rebooting your Nokia N8 again, at least for once. And if you are still not able to install application even after restarting your phone, then I think you will have to do a hard reset to your phone. It will fix this issue for sure, because this has worked for everyone till now. When you are doing hard reset, you may lose some data therefore I is advisable that you have made backup of all the data. I hope this will resolve the issue that your phone is having.

I don’t think you will need to hard reset to your phone. it can be done by just rebooting as I said above. I am sure that will work in your phone also, just reboot and after that don’t try to install/uninstall any application immediately, because the installers takes some time to disappear, therefore wait until it disappears. And after that only try installing or uninstalling any of your application that you wanted to install or uninstall. Try this way.

Yes, you should try restarting your Nokia N8, because that worked in my phone also. I want to add here that, make sure you rebooted your phone correctly or not. When you are rebooting your phone then press and hold the power button for around 8 sec, till you notice three quick vibrations, after that release the power button. And let your phone switched off for at least one minute and after that switch on your phone again. Then wait for installer to vanish and then try installing the application of your choice.

If none of the above solution works in your case, then I will like to remind you that your phone is still under the warranty period. Therefore, just take your Nokia N8 to your nearest service center, and explain them about your problem. They will fix your phone for free. So, I will suggest you to go to service center whenever you get such serious issue with your phone under the warranty period.