Thread: Nokia N8 is not detecting sim cards, Offline mode

Nokia N8 is not detecting sim cards, Offline mode

My father gifted me Nokia N8 just last week. But, from yesterday onwards I am getting a serious issue with this issue. If I will insert a sim card in this phone then it wont read, and I will get the message saying Offline. And because of this I am not able to use my sim card to make calls. I am not able to open contacts also. It’s not even a month and I started getting this problem. I had used many nokia phones before this but I never got such issue with them. I am not able to understand what caused this issue to be in my phone.

Re: Nokia N8 is not detecting sim cards, Offline mode

Have you tried inserting other sim cards in your Nokia N8? I think you should try inserting any other sim card in your phone, and if your phone is still not reading the sim card then reply again. And also try to insert your sim card to other phones to check whether the sim card is working or not.

I have already tried many times by inserting my fathers and my brother’s sim card in it but those sim cards are not working in my phone only. They are working properly in my father’s or my brother’s phone, but not just in my phone. It is really irritating to me. I just bought a new and expensive phone and it started creating problems from the first moths only.

I am having the same problem with my Nokia N8 from last two days. I tried many things. I restarted my phone many times. I tried changing the sim card with other’s sim card, but none of them worked. I was searching for the solution for this issue then suddenly I found this thread so I posted my problem here. Everything is working just fine in this phone they why just sim card is not working in this phone. I hope here I can get some help.

I think it is a very serious issue with your Nokia N8, and as you said you bought it last week only, therefore, it is oblivious that your phone is still in warranty period. So, I will suggest you to use the warranty of you phone and just go to the service center of Nokia with your phone and tell them about this problem. They will fix this issue without charging you anything. So, my suggestion is just to go to the Nokia service center with your phone and get your phone working again.

It is not a very serious issue, Therefore you don’t have to worry a lot for this issue. It happens a lot time with me. If you try to run your phone without any sim card, then your phone’s profile automatically changes to Offline mode. In offline mode your phone can run everything, but just not radio and contacts and calls. When you again restart your phone even with your sim card, it doesn’t changes back to general mode, and it remains on offline mode. But, you can change it to general mode, by just going into profiles and selecting general or any other profile that you want to activate, except the offline profile. I hope it helps all of you who were searching for such solution.

Thanks for sharing that solution with me. I was really needed that. The solution that you provided worked on my pc. I just changed the profile to general mode and it took 1 or 2 seconds and then it got changed to general mode and from then the phone’s sim card started working again.