Thread: Ovi Suite disconnects automatically while updating Nokia N8

Ovi Suite disconnects automatically while updating Nokia N8

I have been looking for a fix for this issue but unfortunately I am not able to find any proper solution for this. While I update the software of Nokia N8, the phone telling me that go to online and update it from there. The phone will go to online properly and downloads all 272MB of it except it keeps on disconnecting while demanding to install toward the N8. The mobile phone switches off as well as stays off. I run off it for 10 minutes for the reason that of a post I seen presently to be on top of the safe region but at rest nothing.

Re: Ovi Suite disconnects automatically while updating Nokia N8

Try connecting to pc suite and connect as you enter the menu of the pc suite to the last option (HELP) you will display three options, select Reinstall OVi Suite support. In the phone will ask your permission to install an application that you lack for proper connection. Now another option back in mass storage mode of the data you have, remove the microSD and then do a hard reset.

It is apparently a common problem I continue to use Nokia PC Suite 7 that works well and I'm not going to install because Ovi Suite from the Nokia N8 is not included in the list of compatible phones so here's a possible cause for this problem !

The safe removal was introduced in windows because it has a caching system that does not write "all at once" on the external memory, but priority to carrying / reading files. In times of "pause" is concerned with writing. Disconnecting through the icon "safely remove" does not simply force the system to write all this' who has in the cache on the external drive to have no corrupted files.. From what 'we understand that the unit is not damaged, but the content! The disconnection will find ONLY in safe mode of mass / media transfer because only in those cases, the memory management is entrusted to windows. Pc Suite mode, is managed only by itself and Pc Suite, in the absence of synchronization / installations, you can unplug the device without damage / loss propriety because it has the cache.

If the cable has a loose connection, then no longer can connect to the pc. music is to download to your cell phone will be almost impossible .. Because it takes too long and probably not as long as the connection holds. You rather get a real Nokia USB cable. And you have the bottom where it says "it gets close to it" with the right mouse click on it and go "Add new device" button.

I had already reported a few days ago about a problem, where the Nokia N8 although it can be synchronized with Bluetooth but not via the USB cable. The Nokia support will be dismissed quickly and easily with "Please reset your device to factory settings". Not only my own phone, but also two other devices had this same problem. Once we had the Nokia N8 connected to the PC via USB cable and Nokia OVI Suite, started reported this: Please change the USB mode to PC Suite OVI, with exactly this mode was enabled (Menu -> Settings -> Connections -> USB ).

I've now found a small fix.

First is the important one depends on the phone from the PC. In the Control Panel, you call programs. Here you right-click on 'Cable Nokia Connectivity Driver "and select" Change ". When you open the program then choose "Repair". Now it is fashionable to wait. He now installed around 8 drivers and, if you have to reboot the PC.

Nokia Ovi Suite is updated often, do not use a previously downloaded installer files, but download it directly from Nokia. I do not even depend on the phone and the connection but from the same platform. Test it now.

For me, it runs on Vista and I've uninstalled and downloaded again just OVI. Close to mobile phone, open OVI suite can then select the N8-00 and then is told that phone is not in "PC Suite". A mobile phone connection in under-USB OVI Suite is stored as a standard / active. still no movement. "My" seller is on vacation starting Monday, as long as I do not think I'll try and do. My wife will not even make the new software update. Said, who knows what does not work then.

In the Ovi Suite you know, unfortunately, never certain whether they simply taking advantage of all resources internally some things on whether they do or absence of a robust error handling. Infinity is waiting, because once again the example Ovi-card server is unreachable.

Try it like a mouse again, which puts even then at the end of the adapter cable. If that still does not help, you probably need to seek technical support, unfortunately, because our diagnostic abilities are then exhausted from a distance also. Above all, the mistake that when you plug the cable directly even without presence of a PC, an error is indicated, sets a defect near the port. This can also happen if a cable is removed or otherwise inconvenient to bend the connector contacts, even if it is very resistant. Since the update you've been playing well already, you probably will not offer this option anymore.