Thread: Switching from iPhone 4 to Nokia N8 is a good option or not

Switching from iPhone 4 to Nokia N8 is a good option or not

I have had the iPhone 4 and before that I have used the iPhone 3G for over a year. Now the N8 seems to be an excellent phone. When it was first released the price was very high. Now it is very descent. The camera and look is the best thing I have seen in this. But still there are some major things annoying with N8 like battery life, Flash, Widgets and application universal support. Other than this everything seems to me fine. Still overall I am slight worried. I don’t know whether it is a better option for me to switching from iphone to N8. What do you say?

Re: Switching from iPhone 4 to Nokia N8 is a good option or not

The iPhone has no mircoSD, it has a Sim Mirco is eligible for the simcard in the iPhone because no normal sim card. The 12 hour talktime of Nokia you believe or not really? My Nokia will also have an 8.8 hours talk time, but after 30 minutes the battery is already visible weakening! (1-2 bars are missing) standby of 406 hours would be a dream; I feel so in 2-3 days. Apple is always right to real values, Nokia never. See the iPad, it really holds 10 hours. That is what makes the iPhone the OS and Symbian is far behind km IOS, 0 Usability, builds again on Symbian v60, which is designed for touch screens 0. You would have to compare the iPhone with the Android, but not with NEM Symbian device!

Did a comparison between the cameras of the iPhone 4 and the Nokia N8. For information, the N8 is the new smartphone of the firm, with a beautiful camera according to Nokia, this model is supposed to be a real competitor to the iPhone. Looking at the comparison more closely, it seems that the iPhone 4 outperforms the Nokia N8.

The iPhone has 4 MicroSim not MicroSD!

For the iPhone has a much more upbeat CPU.

Symbian has its unique advantages. But when it comes to high-end smartphones, then IOS is significantly better.

But really, the N8 is a fine thing...

I have the N8 and let me tell you that the camera you have is a pass, get better photos and films that almost any automatic camera. The music player is pretty good, but does not reach the quality of COWON. Much will depend on the quality of the earphones you use your phone. Build quality is outstanding. The aluminum casing protects the hardware pretty well. This Nokia is a rock. Another thing I like is that I can connect a USB memory and explore its contents. It also has HDMI output for connection to the TV.

Now n8 operating system is not so bad. The latest OS upgrade has improved somewhat, though not enough to compare to ios or android. However, it is expected that when you leave symbian belle (hopefully not be long) the thing becomes more even.

AS I know that the N8 is the only device with a screen based on OLED (Active Matrix here, AMOLED), which is competing with the new display from Apple, "Retina". The iPhone can shoot 720p at 30fps (as against 25 for the N8) but, strangely, does not directly connect the device to a HDMI HD TV, the N8 permits

It remains a true clash of the titans and actually there is not really a choice. The iPhone is improved the last group of smartphone users draw the line. As we can expect Apple will go for this unit the necessary money to be deposited and that is something we at the Nokia N8 certainly not going to expect. The great advantage of Nokia will be the price. Who has the money and want a full-fledged smartphone hands definitely want to consider the iPhone 4. Who should draw up a budget should definitely go for the Nokia N8. The Nokia N8 is a real smartphone and the iPhone 4 is a real multimedia smartphone.

There are enough tests, the battery life is measured, Nokia is still far short of your information, Apple almost never. Of course Nokia can now change the N8 your company policy, but whosoever believes. Symbian is supposed to be designed for touch screens, the N97 and X6 should also be the case ... that has worked with the devices and then with an Android / Apple will soon envy.

Both are good but what you say they both have music rep, the two can chat and almost two have an application store. According to world news nokia shop is the more downloads you have and that is the most widely used. N8 has besides the 12-megapixel camera with xenon flash and Carl Zeiss is the ultimate in a cell. Also you can update your phone and applications from the same n8. The iPhone is far superior for applications that have and can have. But whetever the issue I still recommend you the IPhone.