Thread: can we flash Nokia n900 using windows 7

can we flash Nokia n900 using windows 7

Hello guys I have been think that can we flash Nokia n900 using windows 7 and if yes then please anyone can tell me how? I really need the steps and information about this please helps me out of this by suggesting whatever you know about this please? Hope you all would be taking interest in it and would let me know about it quickly.

Re: can we flash Nokia n900 using windows 7

Same question one of my friend said that he was trying to do this number of time and he has been failed the entire attempt so I want to know that is this possible or not. I am also in need of the nice solutions. And I have a strong feeling that we can do that I don’t find any reason why we can’t anyway expertise I need your help.

I don’t know why go guys haven’t been able to do this but it was lot easy for me to do and I think that flashing really works nicely with the Windows 7-32 bit and I have done my last reflash with the windows 7 of 32 bit system. Ya if you would be saying that there is some problem with the 64 bit systems then I would say yes it is true and you won’t find a better solution for that. and I think that it has been a problem always. Anyways I can suggest you something where you can find the interesting solution and I have done this from there only and I found it in ceroberts's top 12 maemo fixes, make sure you download the pr1.3 files. Hope it would help you get rid of this problem.

I don’t think you can do this because I tried it and it has been failed and my friends have also tried it and it was failed and so I think that this is not possible while searching on net also I haven’t got any solution which 2would be working practically so I don’t think that you would be able to do that.

I have solved the problem of the 64 bit and have been able to do with it too let’s see if you can do it and this is the steps that would be helping you out.
    • First step would be Install Flasher 3.5 - tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
    • Then you would need to Download libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip - sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
    • After all this is done just press U when you N900 is starting and attach USB to it.
    • Now you got to wait for the original driver to install.
    • The next step would be to Run inf-wizard.exe (bin folder in zip) - Run as Administrator and then follow the steps that have been given below as a normal installation.

1. Next
    2. There would be a list and in the you need to search for "0x0421 - 0x0105 - Nokia N900 (Update Mode)" and select it.
    3. Next
    4. Next
    5. Now just save it as a .inf file
    6. Install Now
    7. Install this driver software anyway on warning message.
    8. You would be getting a message as "Installation successful." Then press OK.

• Check your systems Device Manager and in that search for "libusb-win32 devices", expand and verify "Nokia N900 (Update Mode)" can be found.
    • All done and then run Flasher 3.5 with your parameters.
    Hope it works.

Oh that's awesome men from where you got this and its really fantastic solution how you guys are so talented i have found that every time that at least one of you are with the best solution if not all. This is the biggest reason why you all are the first one whom i think about when i am in any technical issues.