Thread: Nokia N8: keeps connecting to the net, is that Nokia server (xmpp) fault?

Nokia N8: keeps connecting to the net, is that Nokia server (xmpp) fault?

Hey hi all, I am using the Nokia N8 from the last six months and I was very happy to have a such type of the phone. But now I am having some problem with this phon. The problem is that, my Nokia N8 keep connecting to the internet, I am not having any type of the control on that. For that reason, I have changed the setting that connect only when needed, but it is also of no use. When I checked that thing under the connation manager at that time I can see that it is connected to the Nokia server and to the xmpp. For disabling that thing I have already deleted the Nokia chat in the hope that it will help to resolve the problem, but it was also of no use in my case. Also for resolving this problem I have also uninstalled all the social networks, but this thing is also not working. For resolving that problem I came to hear in the hope that someone will help me over here for resolving the problem. Is there anyone help me in this case? Please help me, also if any of you are having this type of the problem then also report me back.

Re: Nokia N8: keeps connecting to the net, is that Nokia server (xmpp) fault?

Hey for resolving this type of the problem I would like to suggest you for the operating system upgrade. I am sure that this will help you for resolving this type of the problem. For that reason you will need to check for the latest Nokia OS upgrade. According to me, I think that there are Symbians Belle OS, which is the latest in the net. I think that this will really help you in this case. Before going for this type of the upgrade, you will need to make sure that you are not taking this upgrade from the third party. For that reason you will need to download from the official site. In your case, I will suggest you to try with that and then check that this upgrade I working in your case or not and after that report me over here. I m suggesting you this thing because I was also having this type of the problem and for resolving this type of the problem I upgraded my OS and this really help in my case. So I am also suggesting you the same thing. Hope this will work in your case

Hi friends, I am also having the new Nokia N8 and my Nokia started doing this thing to day only. I thing that, this problem is due to the last upgrade to the Anna, I have done this upgrade last month only. For that I have also checked the connection manager and at her I found that the application which is using the connection is xxmp service. Here I can see that after when I quite the connection from that time, the connection is there for the last one hours. I have also tried with the restart but this thing is also not working in my case. What to do now?

In this case, I would like to suggest you all that re-install your OVI store application. I think that this problem occurs only when there are some problem in the components of the Ovi store. I am sure that this will help in your case. I am very sure that this suggestion will really help in your case because, I was also having this type of the problem and for that only I have tried with this suggestion and this really works in my case. Try with that and I hope that this will help in your case.

I tried with the steps which are suggest by you all, and now I can say that I am getting the good results. Now I can see that my Nokia N8 is not keep connecting to the internet and this will connect only when I need it. Thanks for suggesting me that thing.