Thread: Battery drains quicker in HTC EVO Shift 4G

Battery drains quicker in HTC EVO Shift 4G

Hi, I am using HTC EVO Shift 4G from last couple of months but didn’t get any such problem with the phone but don’t know from last couple of days I am having issue with the battery charging. I mean to say though I charge it fully it just drains quickly, as compare to usual consumption.

Any idea what could be the problem with that? as I am not getting any thing whether this is the problem because of the hardware or the software.

Anyways need recommendation. Thanks for any.

Re: Battery drains quicker in HTC EVO Shift 4G

I am agree with you as there could be so many problems with the device either regarding te software or simply regarding the hardware but, still as a quick solution I would like to tell you that you should try to charge your mobile with another charger and then see what happens.

Because see if you are not getting any problem with the charging that simply mean the charger you are having has some problem, and you must have to replace it for sure.

It might be possible that the battery in the phone that you are using might have been corrupted, but still I would like to suggest you that you should try to get another battery to the phone and charge through your charger so that you can figure out whether you are having the same problem or not, because see if suppose you got it charge that means it might be some problem with the battery you have.

Or else it might be possible that some internal hardware may be damaged, see I am not sure, as before repairing the phone and getting newer accessories to the phone you should try to get rid out of the software.

I mean to say you should first ensure whether there is any problem with the firmware that you are using or not, because if you have any problem with the firmware that you may not have to replace any of the hardware and possibly you can simply reduce the cost.

Once I was also having the same problem with the phone and after such a huge approach I came to know that there were some problem with content that I had actually stored in the SD card, and yeah they are the most important factors that can cause damage to the phone’s other hardware as well.

Have you ever tried to charge the device without SD card ? if not then according to me you should try at least for once because through that you can determine whether there is some problem with the SD card or not, and if suppose you haven’t find any problem that means you have to format the card and then try to charge the phone.

I agree with the above users as SD card content is the most important content, and as far as content is concern the most important factor is the “applications”.

Putting an applications to the home screen will consume more battery for sure. Apart from this running internet based application all the time will also leads to cause such a problem to the device performance.

I would like to suggest you that you should try reset your firmware which is installed currently in the device.

I hope you know about the procedure as there are two kinds of resetting the firmware as one of them is called soft reset, which will recover the previous setting to your device. and another one is hard reset, which will wiped all the information from the device and the phone firmware will be again come to its previous stats.

And it is strongly recommended as you should make a backup of your important data because you can recover It anytime whenever you want.

I don’t know what could be the problem with your device but still I would like to tell you about some of the precaution that you can have and see the performance, but see if you are getting some noticeable changes that means there is some problem with your usage rater you have to use it with care. As far as smartphones are concern you should try to make sure about the device as mentioned below:

• Minimize use of location services

• Turn off notifications:

• Fetch new data less frequently:

• turn off push mail:

• Turn off Auto-check fewer email accounts

• Minimize use of third-party applications:

• Turn off Wi-Fi:

• Turn off Bluetooth:

• Use Airplane Mode in low- or no-coverage areas:

• Adjust brightness:

• Turn off EQ:

• Turn off 3G and make use of GSM:

I am agree with the above user but still you should try to reset the phone, but still though I have done each and every time I have gotten the problem with the phone but haven’t resolved ever, but at the same time if I made a firmware updating to the phone then it works perfectly. And thus I would like to suggest you the same thing as though it depends on you as to reset the device or not, but according to me firmware update might fix this problem for sure.

I don’t think this is going to be start, because I have done each and every thing you have mentioned in the suggestion but still I am getting the same performance with the mobilbe phone, rather I would say this is actually getting worse as the day passes.

Now my phone is not even getting charge. And it just completely shuts off. Anyways thanks for the prompt suggestion guys.

I think you should try to get replacement for the damaged hardware, and that you can figure out only If either you visit the service center or simply test the hardware or the software from outside technician.

But according to me service center would be the good choice.

See at this moment the best option would be to visit the service center and have better service first because the thing is like if you keep applying your own fixes, so it may cause some another effect as well to the device, and as far as warranty to the device is concern you’ll lose it for sure if you have made any hardware damage to the phone, and that’s the worst thing as you have to repair it through outside.

But if suppose you are getting the service from the service center itself then you’ll get replacement for particular hardware which is damaged actually if there is any.