Thread: Square Credit Card Reader Application for Windows Phone 7

Square Credit Card Reader Application for Windows Phone 7

I am new to Windows phone 7 platform and I really missing a few features in it. Any way still I don’t think that it is lacking with much. I am looking for a credit card reader. I own a ipod touch and for this I have got Square credit card reader but I don’t want to use it in ipod, I need a phone application. Does anyone know Windows phone 7 application for reading credit card?

Re: Square Credit Card Reader Application for Windows Phone 7

The latter presented a few months ago Squareup, a micro-payment service Designed to work on all mobile and fixed terminals connected to the Internet, via a small box plugged into the jack and carrying a bank card reader for transactions up to a maximum of $ 60. The user must download an application to transmission, data security and the issuance of receipts sent by email and SMS. Other innovations of the service: the user can be identified by photograph and use its touch screen smartphone to sign the authorization of the transaction. Square site indicates that the registration service without the cost or contract signing

It must be achievable for an additional developer to write an application that reads the Square reader information. The reader is presently converting the information on top of the strip to audio plus passing it toward the mic-in port, which is afterward read through the application. Intuit GoPayments may perhaps accomplish this (not expected to). There is as well Dwolla on Windows Phone (while they don't carry out credit cards, I don't believe.) Optimistically somebody will accelerate to the plate for us!!

I don’t think that you will get any Windows phone application for this device or what we call Credit card reader. The device may be only developed for ios devices so that it can take data through the Mic-port only.

The idea of this device is simple amazing. We're talking about an adapter for the iPhone and iPad can perform banking transactions, working with the ' application Square. As you can see, simply place the reader in the iPhone and select the amount to be transferred. The reader is already sold in the U.S. and is priced at $ 10. However, at the time of purchase, the user receives a gift of $ 10, so it's as if it were free.